High Engine Torque >>low Rear Wheel Traction

BLACKHAWK38

NEW TO GN's , I HAVE A CHERRY CANADIAN GN WITH only 24,000 KM
MODS include 2.5 hooker downpipe, CAT DELETE , stock 87 exhaust behind downpipe, ported exhaust elbow, stock crossover modified at drivers side for 2.25" THROUGHPUT

RACE JACE power plate , irdium spark plugs, new coil, new ign module, new wires, ported an smoothed stock doghouse, 62mm throtle body,POOR BOYS stock intercooler stock neck port and alignment, adj fuel reg, Walbro 340 fuel pump, 100 octane GT-100 gasoline 100 per cent of the time,
342 posi rear diff
STOCK TIRES<<< NO TRACTION

20 psi boost<> poston 93 chip

ANY IDEA'S ?? bigger tires, GNX SUSPENSION?

PROBLEM>> 1-2 shift FISH TAIL of 20 degrees, a scquirmy SOB

BEST REGARDS<> BLACKHAWK 38

Definitely get some drag radials. What is the car for? daily driven street car? strip car?

SUNDAY WEEKLY DRIVER <> STOP LIGHT SMOKER

Originally posted by mr_nate
Definitely get some drag radials. What is the car for? daily driven street car? strip car?
:)

YEAH< I do not know how fat I want the rear rubber to look, I was thinking about putting on 235/60-15 all the way around, am using 18 year old stock GOODYEAR 215/65's NOW that came on the car.

THIS ALSO A T-TOP CAR, it should get all the braces installed also.

GOOD LUCK<> BLACKHAWK 38

Re: SUNDAY WEEKLY DRIVER <> STOP LIGHT SMOKER

Originally posted by BLACKHAWK38
:)

YEAH< I do not know how fat I want the rear rubber to look, I was thinking about putting on 235/60-15 all the way around, am using 18 year old stock GOODYEAR 215/65's NOW that came on the car.

THIS ALSO A T-TOP CAR, it should get all the braces installed also.

GOOD LUCK<> BLACKHAWK 38

You should be able to go wider than a 235, a 245-275 should fit (depends on rim size/tire brand) and it'll look good.

The tires that came on the car will have hardened some, just from age, and are so they will be slicker than when new. Even when they were new, they were too small, and not very "sticky" by current standards. 235 or 245/60X15 will fit easily, and not upset the speedo readings. Yokohamas, or Kumhos, or.. most any new performance tire will be a big step up from those old Eagles.
By the way, it should run better with plugs other than those iridium plugs. They don't work too well on the waste spark system.

The stock tires are absolutely worthless, and I speak from experience over 7 years ago! I couldn't imagine what it would be like with 7 more years on them!!

If you drive it a lot, thru sun & rain, you might try the standard BFG Radial TA's. I had real good luck daily driving them at approx 11.7 et range. I did have prototype suspension parts on there though. I could plant myself in the seat on wet pavement!!!! I had 275 or 295 (can't remember) by 60 size on stock GN steel rims. I liked the taller 60 series, they matched closer to my 10.5x28 slicks for same tuneup. You may do better on 50 series if not going faster than 12.0's. Nitto's & others seem to have good following too. No need for drag radials with reduced tread, unless going for max effort & buying new ones often.

PS- Our suspension & swaybar would definitely help & keep it straighter, even if it breaks loose. There is NO need for a GNX style setup, and ours will out perform it on any car. Try the new tires first, might be all you need.