High-Durometer FRONT A-Arm bushings?

SuperSix

Flaccid Member
My front A-Arm bushings need to be replaced, (thanks to the close proximity of the downpipe), and I do not want to use polygraphite or any type of poly for that matter. I would like some harder-rubber bushings than stock, is there a GM part I can use? Like the rear 1LE Camaro ones? I have a downpipe bushing heat shield that I will be installing to avoid damage to that bushing in the future.

So.. are their stiffer RUBBER front A-Arm bushings available?

TIA

I'm not aware of any harder rubber bushings on the upper arms. I'm thinking since the rubber is really thin there the stockers would be plenty hard to begin with. No matter what you use they are going to melt out sooner or later unless you buy a heat shield available from one of the vendors.

Eric Fisher

www.globalwest.net
They make brass bushings for the turbo side, thats what I have, and Delalums for the other side, which both are greasable.
Tarey D.
And I don't notice any ride difference from the stock ones I had in there before.

Originally posted by GN ERGY
www.globalwest.net
They make brass bushings for the turbo side, thats what I have, and Delalums for the other side, which both are greasable.
Tarey D.
And I don't notice any ride difference from the stock ones I had in there before.

Does anyone else sell something similar?

Thanks for the link, but I'll pass on doing business with GlobalWest, I've heard a bit too much negative publicity about their lack of customer service.

Maybe I'll stick with the stockers and a heat shield..

I put a solid steel bushing in its place . Seems to be working fine although i just had it done , I got it from www.stockcarproducts.com . it was $8.75 actually a bought an extra one if you want it ill sell and ship it for $10 To see a pic go to the site , to front susp then go to upper A bushings .

del a lum

gn energy , was there a big difference in steering responce and overall handling? I had them in my 67 camaro and they worked great. I was'nt sure how they would work in tr. I need to replace mine and dont know which way to go.

It drives like a new car, it doesn't want to wander when you hit bumps in the road. Seems pretty tight and responsive.
Tarey D.

I'd recommend it to anybody looking to upgrade their bushings.