Hi Mileage Maintenance

CHARGED

My 98GS is starting to get up there in mileage, 110k mi, stock and is my winter daily driver. At what point are others doing the higher mileage maintenance, ie. timming chain, ect.
So far she's been mostly problem free, trans feels a little soft but no real problems.
Also with changing the SC oil what is the correct amount to use? Fill it up until it starts comming out of the hole?
Thanks..

My 98GS is starting to get up there in mileage, 110k mi, stock and is my winter daily driver. At what point are others doing the higher mileage maintenance, ie. timming chain, ect.
So far she's been mostly problem free, trans feels a little soft but no real problems.
Also with changing the SC oil what is the correct amount to use? Fill it up until it starts comming out of the hole?
Thanks..

yup fill the sc oil till it weeps out the top of the threads

nobody into these cars is having timing chain issues unless they are cammed or rockered with bigger springs. my daily driver will hit 200k on stock long block & trans in the next couple months and will be laying down some 12 sec et's on the same 200k components.

have you done the LIM gaskets ? thats the biggie to keep coolant out of the oil and wiping out bearings. use the updated gm aluminum gaskets along with new sc gaskets and viton seals on the injectors while you have them out

happens to me all the time bro - too damn many acronyms in the car hobby;)

LIM= lower intake manifold>between supercharger and heads , the gaskets betwen the heads and the intake are known as the LIM's and the one undet the sc are known as sc gaskets

What is the procedure to change the SC oil? My wife's 2002 GS has 85k on it now, so I need to start taking care of some things.

What is the procedure to change the SC oil? My wife's 2002 GS has 85k on it now, so I need to start taking care of some things.

remove the fill plug from the snout and suck out all the old fluid , then fill with fresh gm sc oil until the level is to the point where it starts to weep out the fill plug hole.

I use a tempo oil evacuation pump but several have mentioned that you can take the pump out of a hand soap squirt style dispenser and stick a hose on the pickup tube and pump it out through the soap dispenser

make sure to take a good whiff of it , it is said to smell like gorilla ass juice and it does:eek:

from personal experience....

Wheel bearing & hub assys. That will be this weekends project. I've read they should be replaced every 100k. Trans is one of the weakest links on these cars. Mine went at about 150k but it was just the converter. My mech buddy told me to just replace the whole trans since replacing one part prematurely wears the next weakest link. One lesson I've learned is replace it once and forget about it even if it is more $$. By the way, if anyone out there has to replace bearing & hub assys, check online first. I got a new one for half the price of a local parts store & 1/4 the price of the dealer with discount.

Boy, you weren't kidding when you said that the supercharger oil stinks. Holy cow.

I did buy a gear oil pump, which is basically like a huge hand soap dispenser pump. It made quick work of pumping the old oil out.