hey guys i want your opinion!!!!!! everyone check it out

TType84

cookin with propane
hey guys.. i am gonna have to redo my headliner for a second time.. and eventually im getting my lears redone like GN seats (with simulated leather i think)

anyway... i was thinking about redoing my headliner in black, maybe the a-pillars too

finding a regal in the junkyard and getting all the interior trim pieces and painting them black, maybe not all of them... but like.. maybe a-pillars... i dunno.. anyone have any ideas? :)

I like the idea. If I had the money I'd get my carpet and headliner redone in black. I'd want to leave the trim white and dark grey for my car. However that's just my opinion and taste. Everybody has a preference and nobody can tell you otherwise. If you do paint all the trim black it would be a nice touch as long as it's a flat black. I personally think that if you do the headliner in black and/or the carpet and seats, leaving the trim (including center console) a different color provides a nice accent.

well, right now ive got black carpet in a white (okay, technically 'sand') 84 t-type interior. the dash is more of a dark blue green grey instead of the normal blue grey of other GN years. all of the interior trim is 'sand' along with the headliner (which fell after we redid it.. didnt get the board 100% clean...

anyway.. i was thinking id get some ugly brown trim and paint it satin or almost flat but not completely flat black.. just an experiment, i mean, no one really wants stock regal trim anyway (i will do the same with a regal wood trim das plaque if i ever install a aftermarket gauge package in the dash).. so everything oculd be returned to stock easily.. hmm..

I like it!

Sounds like a plan...just remember you can get most all of the trim out of a Cutlass too, so don't settle for some sun-damaged or scratched up stuff. Get some nice pieces to work with. I get interior trim for next to nothing at the yards. One even let me take a decent, uncracked dash panel(speaker/vent cover) for free, along with some A-pillars. I had bought a header panel a few days before though, so it may have been that they wanted to keep me coming back for anything else I need... As for the color, I'd have to agree that a contrast between the headliner and carpet can look nice. Depends on the colors though and mostly on your personal preference. If you do change it, post some pics on your site!!! Personally, I'd considered blue and gray. But then I thought about what I'd want to do blue and what I'd want gray and decided it would work out too well. Where are you having your seats done? A local place or somewhere else? Are they making the covers or are you buying some? I have a spare set of Lear's I'd like to recover. They actually could use a complete restoration. Metal has surface rust on almost everything and they could probably use new springs. The rear isn't bad, but the cloth on all needs to be redone and the leather on the lower pass. side rear is bad too. Power 6 embroideries are starting to fray and are slightly faded as well. The only local place I found that would even work on them wouldn't do the Power 6 cause they said it's a trademark symbol...whatever. I don't think the guys that made these cars or Molly himself would mind someone having the symbol redone in the process of restoring the seats. Anyway, good luck with it.

Black car ....black headliner....Texas sun.

:eek: Hope your air works.

Cool (is that a pun?) idea though.