Hey guys, can you check my logfile? Tell me what you think?

Superrmario

Took the Buick to the track yesterday for the first time since the rebuild. I was a slight bit disappointed in my mph and time.

I have someone else looking at the log, but multiple eyes seeing something are always good too.

I was only at 16-17lbs of boost. You will notice the log and the attached video show a John force Burnout and the log shows a ton of burnout KR, and quite honestly, I didn't even know I was that smoky until I watched the video.

I had 19lbs of air in the MT's, 20lbs of air in the right side airbag, 10 in the left. Cant stage the car worth of sheet because I pushes through the beams. Left the light at 0lbs of boost.

Short time was horrid at 2.0. If you watch the vid, at the halfway you will notice it looks like it fell on its face.
I did have a huge speaker box that came with the car in the trunk which I don't think helped my trap speed and ET. Its coming out LOL..

The run starts at frame 2500. let me know what you think?

Thanks!

Attachments

• Dragrun13-1@103knock.dat
    454 KB · Views: 69
first off dont race with trans selector in OD

saturday was hot and air quality was not greatest with DA over 2300ft

you are lean ...needs fuel..it wont get better with cool air so you need to fix that
and with alky it should be higher
start of run is 790 end of run 730s , narrowband stinks but shoot to see 800s at start of third 770s through traps , then tune from there for mph , dont use alky to get the O2s up , add fuel in chip
without knowing your fuel pressure one of your fuel issues could be that alternator charging system needs to be fixed , your voltage was mid 11s

no knock during pass and what i see in the burnout looks like drivetrain knock, you were showing lean but the knock is quick like driveline banging

in the future get a 3bar map hooked up and get the boost logged
fix the alternator
add fuel
leave shifter in D
more boost

on alky the tune can handle more boost , was the alky on?

Last edited:
Hey man. Thx, yes I am spraying straight methanol with razors kit. Default settings in the controller, gain at 4.

This charging thing is quite annoying as I thought I had it squared away. I'm not going to throw any more fuel or boost at it till I square away my voltage issues. I do have a hot wire kit, but the log is showing 11v as you stated. Leads me to believe I am only getting 11v to the pump.

Simple alt swap you think?

either you still have a field issue , belt is slipping or the alternator is junk
you should be able to have the alternator checked at local auto store

did you replace the fuel pump since you bought it

haven't, although I should have and will.

Weird with the charging system. If I fire the car up, I'm at 13.5-13.9v on my gauge. As the car warms up during driving, it drops to roughly 12v on the gauge. I'm really answering my own question here. lol

Had a huge speaker box with two amps in the truck when I purchased it. Just finished removing it, and disconnected the amps from the battery.

Voltage at the back of the alt is 13.9-14.0v when the car is cold or hot. yet I still show 11.9-12.0v on the SM and PL.

I have a voltage loss somewhere, but cannot find it.

Any tips?

check the connection points
from back of alternator to battery positive terminal -
battery terminal to starter
starter to fusible links to fuse block
fuseblock to ignition switch back to fuseblock

your ground is as important as the positive

also noticed from data page
blm shows your base FP might be a little high (122)
also you dont have any third or fourth gear indicators ...is the 4 wire trans plug connected ??

Fuel pressure is set 38-39 with cap on, 43 off. Where would I find the 4 wire Trans plug connector? I will follow my grounds and powers as well.

is it a brf trans ?
your vigilante should be a locking converter, do you have lockup functioning?
that converter should be able to take WOT lockup but that wont happen if it isnt plugged in

be aware its not uncommon to see the plug pulled off and left unplugged due to a sticking lockup solenoid , it s not a proper fix but its common,
:confused: it should have been plugged back in when the motor was reinstalled

if it is connected you may have bad trans gear switches or none,

Thx for the info man. I appreciate it. I have to take a peak under the car... I have a lot of fussing to do with it this week. It's locking if I recall correctly. But I have to see.

By the way, I was told it was a Level 10 Trans, but this man not be accurate. I do recall seeing a blue tag on the passenger side of the transmission. Leads me to believe it is a 200r4 from Turbo Regal. If it isn't plugged in and I plug it up, what should I look out for?

It is plugged in.
me6abery.jpg

So I'm guessing a bad ground so far.

Back of Alt to ground, 14.4v.. Back of alt to negative side of battery, 14.4v. Orange wire to ground 14.4v. I check resistance from negative battery terminal to engine ground and body ground. Both have resistance, and numbers are jumping everywhere.