Hey Bison Quick Question For You

Raymond Bunch

"Turbo Enthusiast"
I just bought one of your New turbo's off a board member and love it already! But spool up seems a bit slower, even with my PTS 9/11 3200 stall.

My question to you, could I take my Precision ported exhaust housing off my TA60-1 and put it on my 6262E? The exhaust wheels on both turbos appear to be the same size, and I don't see any reason why I couldn't try it out. But wanted to ask you first....

On this note: The exhaust housing on my TA60-1 has been ported and matched to where if bolts on to the header for max efficiency. It spooled the TA60-1 like no tomorrow. I feel there could be some advantage of using it, compared to the one that came on the 6262 which is smaller and not ported.

Sorry, if My question sounds dumb....I am pretty un knowledgable with turbos. But willing to learn.

Ray

They aren't the same wheel and don't spool anything like each other. The 62 uses a stage 5 ex wheel and it requires about 600 more rpm to spool than a stage 3 in a Garrett .63. and 800-900 more with a precision .63. You can open up the inlet and it won't change the spoolup. You need ex pressure to drive the turbine. That comes from load and rpm. So a different converter is required to have similar spool as the small stage 3 turbine.

BPE2013@hotmail.com

Ok thanks. I will be ordering a PTC converter in the near future. Thanks for educating me on this, I defiantly learned something new today.

Ok thanks. I will be ordering a PTC converter in the near future. Thanks for educating me on this, I defiantly learned something new today.

Your 9/11 has a true stall speed closer to 2400 rpm rather than the advertised 3200 and its due to the 11" back used for the larger clutch.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app