Hey all newbie here!!

Maroon91RS

SupaDupaCharged V6!!!
Hi everyone.Names Rich,and although Im not a current turbo Buick owner,Im hoping to aquire one soon.Most likely later than sooner,but oh well what ya gonna do.I currently drive a 91 Camaro RS.305 v8,700r4 tranny,a few little things done to it.Hits low 15s right now,will be mid 14's by summer.I became very interested in turbo buicks for some odd reason lately hehe.My plans are to eventually sell the Camaro and buy an intercooled GN.We'll see how that goes,but Im hoping really hard.Im hurting for something fast,and something black;) .
Oh yeah and I also own a 91 Talon TSi AWD.Im sure most of you are familiar with those cars.Pretty stock for now,just a few mods.Havent raced it yet,but should be atleast low 15's/high 14's as soon as i get it running right.Just needs some injectors and an o2 sensor.:(

"FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS BUILD 305'S" dude, ditch both those cars and get yourself a TR! Yesterday! You NEED to be posting times of atleast 14.00's or faster (preferably 12's or faster). A TR is a damn good way to do it.

PS: as previously mentioned, don't post a time that is 15 sec. or slower. Might as well say it ran a 24.50

Newbie??!? We dont like newbies around here.:mad:

Just kidding,;) you've got two really cool cars there dude. One of my friends had a first gen TSI...that thing would plant me in the seat punching it from 70:) If you need any parts for your camaro, look me up since I have alot of parts for 3rd gens. Welcome

Originally posted by gofastr
"FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS BUILD 305'S" dude, ditch both those cars and get yourself a TR! Yesterday! You NEED to be posting times of atleast 14.00's or faster (preferably 12's or faster). A TR is a damn good way to do it.

PS: as previously mentioned, don't post a time that is 15 sec. or slower. Might as well say it ran a 24.50
Hey now Ive seen some times in the 15's listed on here by some people.So:p And the TSi is the winter car/daily driver.AWD is king o' the hill in the winter,and why not have a turbo car to go along with it,instead of a heavy garbage handling SUV or truck??
I really really want a TR.But I dont think its gonna happen till next year at the very earliest,and even thats a long shot:(.Unless I can sell the Camaro enough to pay it off and then have some left over.Only time will tell though.Either way,I WILL have one soon,just not soon enough!:D

DSMs R Kool

Hey RS,
Post some pixs and mods of your DSM. I am really starting to get into them. Those are easy mid to low 10 sec daily rides in the quarter. Those 4g63s are bad ass when built right.:)
Tom

I might do a 1g motor to 2g body swap, as i like the 2g body. Can't find a AWD 91-94s around here.

Welcome to the board. Although you don't have a Turbo Regal yet, stick around and you'll learn a lot... a lot of good knowledge you can apply to one when you get it.

And yes... 15's is slow. I wouldn't post those times... especially since some of the new ricers are well into the 14's. Just say something like "combo still being developed - track times soon". :)

-Banning.

I'm with 91 RS on posting his times. They may be slow, but give the guy credit for tuning and running what he has. Not all of us bought a house with a money tree in the back. Some of us have to start low and work our way up.

P.S.....I'm just venting because my first car was a 91 5.0 Stang and threw $3000 at it and it still wouldn't run better than 13.8

you'll get that TR and then you too can smoke most anything on the block :D

Keep the RS for a Daily Driver, and get yourself a TR. Nothing gets your buddy in the passenger seat going like the Garret kicking in :cool:

I like to watch theiir reactions. Are they going to "play it cool" and just be like "hey, this thing goes pretty good"

Or are they going to do the "HOLY SH**, THIS THING FLIES!":D

Well I only posted my times because for what the car is and the little I have done to it,its damn good.I know it may be slow and alot of imports are there from the factory,but Im unemployed,have very little money to work with,and I enjoy what I have.It looks good and has t-tops!! hehe
SPOOLN,the only mods I have done to it right now are a Dejon Tool intake w/K&N,Hallman MBC,1g manual cams(the cars an auto),and a hacked MAS.Future plans for it are mainly just an exhaust to let it breath a bit better,an AFC,and maybe some IC piping.Dont really care to get it too fast,as its my winter ride and DSMs are prone enough to breaking when modded.I'd post pics,but I dont have anywhere to host them from:( .I can email you some though if you really wanna see it.Or IM me at RSCruiser91 and I can send them through there.

I thought all the 305's sucked up until a couple weeks ago. I mean, my sis has a tbi firebird and that thing is pretty slow an everyone says 305s blow, so i just figured it was true. Couple weeks ago, one of my buddies at work told me bout his old 86 z28: 305 bored .30 over, forget which carb, swapped in some light pulleys, some fiberglass an, oh yeah, supercharger:). Said it was making over 400hp, which isnt too bad for a carb'd 305. Then he said he was caught doin 147 in a 45.....hmmm.....:eek:

Its a common misconception that all 305's suck.Theres one in Jersey runnin mid-high 11's on a 150 shot.Not too bad considering its a truck motor with a small bore and small valves.I know that achieving mid 11's to you guys isnt anything,but for us 305'ers its a damn good achievment.

Originally posted by equalizer442
hot airs and kids who over boost with pump gas, ok that was LOW of me hehe;) :D

yeah,that's pretty funny.

what's your car run again?

hey i ran a 15.3 once, but that had to do with spinning, wheel hop and i even got to look at the wall for a second, it was fun...

-Neil

Hey Maroon91RS, I am new here and I have a camaro too. Mines a 76 though and runs mid to low 14's. I cant wait until I get a turbo regal and start running some FAST track times!