here's the prob.83 or 84

83build-up

I just bought a 83 t-type and it has a salvage title($300.00)The car runs good,Haven't driven it on the street but the other owner did and said it would spin the tires know problem and it seemed to idle well ,anyways i bought it for parts and drivetrain to put into another body because it was rearended(but not really that bad,i'll try to get some pics soon) The int. is all there ,buckets with center console,drivers seat is ripped,so I'm deciding if i should buy a 83 and transfer all the stuff and try and make it look org. or get a 84 and use that one instead.Ive found both cars allready both with blown motors the 83 is very clean and has a new tranny in it,allthough it isn't a 2004r,it also has power seats,windows,locks,and ac.but it has a split bench and the car and int. is lime green,thats what i don't like.the 84 is clean also and is silver,allthough i don't know what options it has.I kinda like the 84 style a little better,but i just want some input to see what you guys think.by the way if anybody needs any parts off this thing let me know,it has power locks and windows and the body is in pretty good shape,the doors are actually decent and theres know rust of any concern on the whole car which is black by the way.the turbo hood is gone but other than that.I was also thinking of just fixing this car but the guy i bought it from took out the harness for the power windows,not a big deal but buy the time i fix the rear and have to get it inspected by the state to clear the title it may be easier to get a good shell and go from there,i can get the 83 for $400 and the 84 for $600.YOU BE THE JUDGE!:confused:

If you go with the 84 you will have to change out the wire system & ECM, With the 83 you should only have to add the prom chip and maybe some of the wiring.
What's wrong with a 60/40 bench :p
Jim
Oh and A/C in the summer is a plus :cool:

Go for the 84. Youve got everything you need and it doesnt have some ghetto green interior.84's look some much better than the 83's. No offence, Ive owned both.

The only difference between the 1981/83 and 84/87 is the header panel and tail lights. Both can be easily swapped, so IMO, don't base your decision solely on this, but buy the better overall car.

How do you fell about Landau vinyl roofs? These can be a pain to remove if you don't like them.

I assume both cars are 3.8 NA V6's, so they will be mechanically the same. Same work invloved either way.

I think you can run a flat hood over the Carb/Turbo.

Here's something to consider. The '83 NA car will not have the crossmember/frame bracket for the 200-4R, but the '84 will. (It can be welded in place.)

The '84 sounds like a better way to go for you. You'll probaly confuse a lot of people, becuase they will assume you have a 84 SFI/Turbo. ;)

I'm leaning towards the 84 also,though the 83 is very clean for its age.I have a turbo hood allready from another 83 t-type so thats not a problem.I also allready have a set of 86 t-type rims and the front air dams under the bumper.allthough I kinda like the 83 dash better the way the gauges are and the woodgrain.Also 83 seems to be much more rare these days then 84-87 another reason I may go the 83 route,just to be differnt.WHAT TO DO,WHAT TO DO

You said it.

You said it all right there, just to be different. That is the whole reason I am doing as much as I am on my 83 t-type. Mine is in the paint booth now getting squirted and after that I will have enough into my car that I could have had a fairly nice 86-87 but I am more happy driving mine because it is the only one in these neck of the woods that I know of. Besides the dash is nicer looking. Just to give you an idea, I know of (1) 84 GN (1) 84 T (2) 86 GN's (2) 87 GN's (2) 87 T's around here and I am happier with my 83 than most of those other owners. But when you have $11,000 into a car you should be happy.