Here kitty, kitty, kitty

gsgns4me

Guess to keep this Buick related, it should have been titled "Wild Cats In The Snow".

Received this in an e-mail from my brother (ironically, he lives in South Carolina).

"This gives new meaning to the phrase "Honey would you go outside and warm up the Jeep for me." These were taken this past weekend (1/31/2010) outside of Elkins WV. Elkins is just a little west of Buckhannon out Corridor H."

image001.jpg

image002.jpg

image003.jpg

image004.jpg

Holy chit! That's not something you see every day or any day for that matter. One of the most elusive animals out there. Also the strongest pound for pound. That's quite a site! Look at the those leg muscles!

we don't get too many of those around here! i have heard rumors that our neighbors in MASS have some

That's probably correct. Different areas use different names.
Yea. Cougar, mountain lion, panther. I've heard panther most around where I live. Had a few run-ins with some at my parents place. They're awesome to look at. But looking at them up close can scare the p!$$ out of ya. LOL!

Traditionally they are referred to as Mountain lions up north and Cougars or Pumas as you move down towards Florida but can also be referred to as Panthers. A lot of schools in Florida adopt the name Panthers as their school mascot.;)

They are obviously an apex predator and hunt Deer mostly for food in this part of the country yet can and do hunt Elk and Moose:eek: in other parts of the country. I mean look at those hind leg muscles.... you do not want one of those getten a hold of you. Lights out real quick!

Males get to 200 lbs. and femals to about 130 or so. In that last pic you can see the massive muscle in his front leg. That's a little fur and a lot muscle.

Mostly called Wildcat or Mountain lion by the average Appalachian American in these parts. As stated by others, different areas use different names.

Those cats are awesome, it really pisses me off when idiots buy land way up in the hills or mountains, then bi_ch about coyotes, mountain lions and bob cats coming into their property and attacking their pets or scavenging through their trash, hello! these people are in the animals backyard what do they expect, i'm not saying you are i'm talking about the people in california, beautiful pics.

Wow, I can't believe no one said it yet...

If they were in my yard they would be DEAD kitty kats:eek:

I have seen 20# yard cats fight like grown men, I can't imagine what them big rascals can do...

Wow, I can't believe no one said it yet...

If they were in my yard they would be DEAD kitty kats:eek:

I have seen 20# yard cats fight like grown men, I can't imagine what them big rascals can do...

When I lived in the mtns of Colorado, you did not want to cross paths with one. I always carried a .45 or a walking stick when out on the trail. My neighbor said when she was in high school, a cat jumped from a tree and killed a cross country runner.

no doubt about worrying

for your kids, spouse, or even yourself. can't complain if you do move into their area. just have to adjust your living style to always be on your toes. those big cats would definately make me keep my 45 on my waist and one in the chamber. oh wait i already do that and i live in the city. must be those alley cats someone mentioned.