here is my ride

cowboydan

she is a 1980 turbo sport coupe with t roof. it leaks, the tires go flat, the key is jammed into the ignition, and there is definatly something wrong with the radio...lol but if i ever had a dream car it would be this. it was free! i picked up the engine a week and a half ago for $150. so tearing down was necesary. it is a complete 1978 turbo engine. the turbo was inspected and passed, the bottom end is fresh. i really want to say that it has aluminum pistons but i can't prove that. it looks solid enough to leave well enough alone. i'm not sure if i have to replace the head bolts, but i think i should.... just because. so i have seen what i needed to see, is all looks good. i have some damaged wires on the distributor but it is an easy fix. i have three q-jet carbs for parts, and one i know is for turbo. so really, i'm off to a great start. next up is to yard the engine that is in the car (2bbl n/a) and start scraping. this will be my 3rd project build. my 1st was a 87 bronco that i buld a 78 chassis for. 2nd was a geo tracker. and now this 1980 regal. this is my prize car gn or not. i love the g-bodies... always have. my 1st car was a 1980 malibu coupe with a corvette 350. my second was a 1985 cutlas sedan 2bbl 3.8, my 3rd was a 1979 malibu 267 v8. loved them all.

Attachments

• 1005261948000.jpg
    1005261948000.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 196
  • 1005310819000.jpg
    1005310819000.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 194
  • 1979 3.8 turbo as is 003.jpg
    1979 3.8 turbo as is 003.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 197
I love it! Nice pickup you got. The '80 model was the first for the quad headlamps I really liked them.

Nice. I think the wheels look great on that car.

Do you have the 1980 turbo set up? The 78 engine uses low port heads and it might be worth swapping them to the 1980 heads and manifolds.

I suggest getting a book called V-6 Performance by Pat Ganahl. It will explain the differances between 1978 and 1980 very well.

Balck and chrome. Nice combo and not seen very often. Hope we can help you get it back together and running right. Hope the harness isn't hacked to bits either.

Balck and chrome. Nice combo and not seen very often. Hope we can help you get it back together and running right. Hope the harness isn't hacked to bits either.

ditto... the only other black on chrome regal i can think of (that is C/T) is mine...

Nice car mycar is almost identical minus the t topsits a 79 with an 80 header panel they look so much better than the 78-79 two headlight header. Mike

hey, thanks for the compliments. i thought black was more common. thanks for the info. i did see a marking on the heads telling me that they are low port heads. but i will try to find the v6 preformance book. i also need more info on q jet rebuilding. i'm also wanting to intercool my set up, so i am looking for sources in reference to blow through carb set ups. it's either that, or i'm gonna look at 1990 fi from a chevy v8. but i want to do the carb 1st.