Hemmings Muscle Machine w/ 87 Turbo T

TTA197

The latest Hemmings Muscle Machine (May issue) magazine has a 1987 Turbo T article in it. It's a very sweet car (white / burgundy interior).

The latest Hemmings Muscle Machine (May issue) magazine has a 1987 Turbo T article in it. It's a very sweet car (white / burgundy interior).

Nice car and nice write-up. Seems they are a bit confused on what a turbo regal limited is cuz that ain't one

Just got mine in the mail....

... i was about to post but just saw someone beat me to the punch...
good to see our cars being recognized in more than one mag:D

...and its NOT BLACK:eek: ;)

It's a beautiful car and nice write up but where did they come up with the 15.70 ET :eek: they say it runs? That has to be the slowest recorded 87 turbo regal ET ever! I wonder if that's just a big typo.

It's such a positive thing and I am vety thankful that these cars are being recognized in a major publication. Maybe it's just me but does anyone else recognize all the incorrect info in the article???

I know they do get a lot of the info wrong on these cars everytime they have an article on them, but it's still better than nothing. I've been a subscriber since day one and always look foward to reading this magazine. They done a handful of articles on Turbo Buicks/ TA's.

Hey Gary, congrats, I got my issue in the mail today and was surprised to see it in there and then I got to the owners view section and said "Hey I meet Him!!".

I meet you at Donut Derelicts a few years back and we chatted for a bit. You actually invited me there and gave me the heads up.

It was nice to meet you then and congrats on the feature!! Muscle Machines is my absolute fav mag and I look forward to it every month.

Hhhmmm....well I guess the mail man is running late with my issue then. Cuz I guess i shoulda had mine by now.

There was an article done on an actual WE4 car some time back...it was a "buyers guilde" article. The owner bought it from the classifieds from gnttype.org.

Congrats on the coverage Gary! That is one sweet T. I like the fact that it is a chrome car and the red gut is the cherry on the cupcake.

I too have been getting Hemming's Muscle since the beginning. It has a variety of muscle cars from all eras, not just '60's/70's.

Gotta go get it tomorrow congrats Gary. Starting to like Hemmings better then LS (gm) High-Tech Performance

I know they do get a lot of the info wrong on these cars everytime they have an article on them, but it's still better than nothing. I've been a subscriber since day one and always look foward to reading this magazine. They done a handful of articles on Turbo Buicks/ TA's.

Guess I've never recognized it until they wrote an article on a vehicle I know about and love. :redface: You are correct and Thank God for them for bringing cars into the limelight that most don't know about or appreciate. I too have been a subscriber from the beginning and love and look forward to receiving the magazine each month. I am like a kid in a candy store going to the mailbox each day in hopes of a new one. I remember an article some time ago devoted to one of Aaron Coen's cars here's a link. Think it's the WE4 buyers guide article referred to above. Hemmings Motor News: 1987 Buick Regal Turbo-T Congratulations Gary Wells!!! Super Nice Car!!!!!

Nice car and nice write-up. Seems they are a bit confused on what a turbo regal limited is cuz that ain't one
Maybe to the untrained eye a person could see Gary's car and think it was a Limited by seeing the "Bright Lower Molding" on the doors and full chrome trim. But to fellow Buick nuts the interior is one of the clues that it is a regular Regal.

Hemmings seems to have a "resident Buick Turbo guy" (Ray Bohacz) on the staff, I curious why no one picked that up before it went to press.

I like how it said in the article "at first glance you might suspect that it is a WE4" A white WE4 :eek: ??????????? Nonetheless, it is good that Turbo Buicks are getting coverage and this is a beautiful car!

Thanks, everybody. I had long ago given up hope that it would ever make it to print as those pics were taken about 4-5 years ago, maybe. I can't wait to get my copy in the mail. They have put a little teaser pic in one of the monthlys every so often. I have no idea where the 15+ sec quote came from. Definitely not from me. Thanks again for the props.

I'd love to have that car. While I appreciate it anytime we get any press, the errors blow my mind. Although it doesn't affect us on Buicks because we know more about them, I have to remind myself when I read articles on other makes to take them with a grain of salt. You'd think they would source some experts before they put it to print.

And as it sits now 5-6 years later with 25K miles on it, ran 12.7 @ 107 or 108 with Mike Barnard (SPOOLFOOL2) from TB.COM SouthWestern Section shoeing it dialing in the methanol & TT alky chip. I have no idea where they got that time from. Was bone stock when the photo shoot was taken. A few changes have been made since then. Btw, this was Woody's car for those who remember Woody (Teedoff) from TB.COM years back. I know that Woody would be proud of his car now, but I think that Woody passed on a few years back.