Hemmings Muscle Machine w/ 87 Turbo T

I just picked it up today. Nice shots Gary. I might be biased, but great looking car.

Nice!! Way to Represent Gary, I remember talking to you years ago after I bought my Limited(now gone) from 'Thetwobryans', glad your car finally made it!!!:)

I can't find a link to the car article from the Hemmings Muscle Car monthly review.

They said the 15.70 ET was from Car and Driver and they also listed a 13.85 from Cars Illustrated. I remember reading that in Cars when it came out so I'm felling a little old right about now :frown: I'm surprised they didn't list the 14.2 Hot Rod got with their GN test car back then.

What I want to know is where did they get the idea Gary's car was a Limited? Does no one proof this stuff anymore?

Regarding Ray Bohacz he's just a contributor and writes an editorial every month. He's a good guy but he got himself and them in a lot of hot water a few years back when he wrote a negative article about aftermarket parts made in China. Like Ice-T said "Freedom of Speech, just watch what you say..."
I think after that they keep him at arms length.

Something else I noticed, is they said the curb weight was 3,225. Doesn't that sound a bit low? I mean my car weighs 3560 curb. Mine's mostly stock, except mine does have power windows and locks.

Congrats Gary!! When my issue arrived, I was showing the article to my wife and children and they thought it was my car for a minute. All of the things they listed as cons in the blurb, I see as pros!! Beautiful car you have there! :)

This is one of my favorite shots of Garys T. This was about two years ago at Fontana raceway. The Dirrect scan showed a wheel speed of 105 mph :eek: during this John Force burnout. As I remember, we got a 1.79 60ft time on the stock tires. :cool:
01.jpg

Congrats.

Thanks again, everybody, for the props, I'm sort of stoked as the pics were taken about 4 or 5 years ago, and I never expected to see them in print. I haven't even got my copy yet. Can't wait to see it. Practically everybody in the SouthWestern Section has helped me at one time or another on the car.

Gary call them up when you get your copy. You can buy extras off them for a dollar because your car was in the magazine. I think I still have 50 or more left from when my TTA was in there :)

Don't forget to rip into them for calling it a Limited too! They will make a correction in the next issue if you tell them about it. So that means you'll be in 2 different months! :D

Hey Gary congrats! My wife and I were getting some groceries at Safeway tonight and I ran across this issue. Your car looks stunning! Congrats again :cool:

That article drove me nuts. What in the hell were they talking about? All they did was perpetuate the misinformation that surrounds our cars. No fault of Gary's, though...