Help!!!!!

jon_we4

Cold Fusion Monkey
Well for the past month I havn't really "beaten" my car. But for somereason the boost has not really "been there" ....

anywho, all of the sudden today a guy i work with remembered to tell me that when he borrowed the car last month he got it up to 10.2 psi ..... on a stock pulley. said the car was packed with people when he did this.

anways... now i cant get much over 5psi.

i hit it and it goes from 5 - 5.4. - 5 - 5.8 like that...if i stay in it it might jump to 6.8 but right back down.

When I first had the car in warmer weather I could get it to 6.9 like nothin.

any ideas as to what happened!?!?!?!

It's under warranty so I want it fixed pronto.

TIA

Jonny

If you own a GTP or Regal GS with a stock pulley, you are only going to see between 6-6.8 lbs. of boost. How your friend said he saw 10.2 lbs is amazing. Stock supercharged cars have no digital or analog gauge. All it has is a bar graph.
If you put a 3.4" pulley, you will see around 10 lbs.

Check the operation of the boost bypass valve. Mounted on the SC close to where the TB is joined to the SC.

Also look around for any vacuum lines that may have blown off.

Behind the the SC there are two.
Under the snout there is one.
SC Bypass valve switch has one.
TB has a couple.

HTH

My GS has a stock digital boost gauge.

I could hit 6.9-7.5 psi easily now and now its hard or impossible.

I will look into that mcad_c!

Thanks

All 97.5 and up Regal GS have a DIC, with a boost guage where as a Grand Prix, has a bar graph guage. Will be finding out soon if the new impala/monte carlo SS have a guage, they should be at the dealer soon I hope.

Eric

The dealership reflashed my PCM and my boost is better than ever .... cruising around at 5psi rocks~!