Help

josh watson

my daily driver died......three days after I bought it. This is not the good start to a relationship. I didn't see any spark so I replaced the ingnition module. I was driving the car and it just died so I ruled out the coils and connections first. I have a type two conversion and I replaced it with the proper gm part number.

any suggestions are great. This is my only car and it is killing me.

87 t-type. mostly stock. exhaust. scanmaster. boostgauge. thats about it.

all power works in the car and it turns over freely. To be honest I need to double check the spark thing.......it may be the fuel pump (I had a friend looking for spark while I turned it over and he may have missed it)
thanks
jw

I'm just looking for things to check.. I wasn't even aware that there was a type two conversion until I called the previous owner and asked why the coils were different from the factory ones. I'm just curious if there is particular weak spot...in the harness or otherwise...that is known for going out suddenly. I have little experience with working with this particular type of car but I am a fair mechanic in general. and yes I checked my fuses :)

thanks for the help guys

In addition to rechecking the spark, check the fuel pump. When you turn the key on (with out cranking the engine) can you hear the fuel pump priming? If so is there fuel pressure at the fuel rail? I have limited experience, but spark and fuel is where i would start. Good luck.

Yes, turn key on and listen for the fuel pump(should hear it for a few seconds before it pressurizes and shuts off). Check your fuel pump plug in by the tank( I had a car once that the clip was broke on and it came unplugged) also could be crank sensor (driverside front of engine by the balancer)COMMON TO DIE AND NOT RESTART. I know you said you checked the fuses but recheck FUEL INJ fuse.