Help !!

blackjack3

My car recently has been running a little rich, the power cuts out if i floor it, and the idle started to stumble a little bit. I understand you cant change the idle speed, or advance the distributor its all controlled by the comp.. I looked at my computer and it had a remanufacuted sticker on it. Not sure if thats why or not? I dont know how to fix it!

not trying to be rude

Check your codes or take it to a mechanic. The code will tell you what sensors to check. I could say it sounds like an 02 sensor, etc, etc but the codes are neccessary to properly diagnose the problem. BTW there is no distributor on these cars. good luck

Yeah it threw me off when i went to go check the timing. I was like uhhhh where the hell is my distributor.

BLACKJACK3-Chad is correct. We need to see the MAL code in order to help. Also, post your cars year and mods in your signature. I remember as little as 2 years ago being in your situation. Brad

I might have found the problem... The pipe coming out of the turbo on the compressor side (up-pipe) i think? The small spacer and gasket is craked and its leaking. I can feel the air coming out. Im almost positive thats it.

I might have found the problem... The pipe coming out of the turbo on the compressor side (up-pipe) i think? The small spacer and gasket is craked and its leaking. I can feel the air coming out. Im almost positive thats it.

Most likely, that will not cause the car the "cut out and result in a rich stumble at idle".

Let's start for the beginning:
Do you know without any shadow of doubt what chip is in the car?
Regardless of injector size, does the chip match the injectors?
What are your MAF, BLM numbers?
What about O2 and charging system voltage?

At this point, it may be good to get a local member hook up a scantool (If you do not have one), and get you some basic numbers. Remember this in the TR world: Question everything!!

The chip was purchased at East Coast Performance online from what ive been told from the previous owner. I tried looking for it but couldnt find it.

OK I took off the metal flange in between the turbo and the pipe next to the AC BTW what is that pipe called???. I couldnt find a replacement at any auto parts store...I guess ill have to look for a used one on here.

OK I took off the metal flange in between the turbo and the pipe next to the AC BTW what is that pipe called???. I couldnt find a replacement at any auto parts store...I guess ill have to look for a used one on here.

That is the "Up-pipe".
Call www.Gbodyparts.com for the metal doughnut part, or have one made.
It really is an easy part to make (if you can not find one)