Help

JRGN

Looking at installing a system in the 87 and figured this was a good place to get some info, looking at replacing the radio with a pioneer deh-p47dh ( don't want to butcher up the dash) a friend recomended pioneer 6x9 4 ways for the rearend, I am up for suggestions on the dash and door panel even the rear, wanting to keep the car interior stock looking, but sounding better, thinking about a amp later on down the road (maybe), give me some ideas. Thanks Jr.

You can upgrade your factory drivers with better drivers and an amplifier or you can do kick panel or door panel pods and get the most out of your sound system. With the pods, you can add 6 1/2" mids and tweets and have a killer front stage even with deck power and if you have custom door pods like mine, you can even squeeze in a 4" upper mid range driver. If you are curious on what the door pods look like, there is a link in my sig titled "Audiowizards '86 Gn" . You can do alot of things with these cars to get better sound, it just depends on your taste and budget on which direction you want to go. The first big improvement is a quality head unit over the factory Delco.

Autowizard you was saying about upgrading the factory unit, what do you think about the pioneer din& half model # deh-p47dh. Jr.

Originally posted by JRGN
Audiowizard you was saying about upgrading the factory unit, what do you think about the pioneer din& half model # deh-p47dh. Jr.

Pioneer has been around for a long time and has pretty good head units, It will work just fine.