Help?!?

John84GN

Nice Monte...
Upon purchasing my 84 GN, I want to know what Number the car is out of the 2000 that were made my year...This is something that I hafta get...I don't know who to ask...no-one knows...even My local Buick Dealer....HELP!!!

Hey man, I've got an 84 GN and I have been told that no one bothered to keep track of numbers. If you find out otherwise, I'd love to know.:(

You guys tried gnttype.org ?

I think they have some stats on there...

I got one of those 85's too. 1 of 143 in Canada, 1 of 125 in North America with power moonroof :)

You may just want to give up...I've been trying for 3 years to figure out if anyone has a fuel injected TR that was put on the road before mine. So far, I haven't found anyone that has one. I've found a few with lower build numbers, but they were all sold long after mine (some of those took months or years to be sold.) Therefore (in MY opinion anyway), I consider the put in service date to be more important.

Because these cars were built among all the other regals, and GM didn't keep records of which were which, if you factor in all the MIA regals (wrecked or stolen, etc) it will be next to impossible to figure out which "number" yours is!

Hey Mike...mine has a power moonroof too...have you ever tried taking it apart of lubing it up ?

Mine is a lil messed up...it only opens part way...like 1/2". I'm gonna take her apart soon when it's in the garage for the winter...but i'm nervous bout this.

I think theres a procedure on gnttype.org for this....

Sure did, I pulled apart most of the interior after I bought it to check out everything. I ended up replacing most of the moonroof stuff because it was all apart already, so mine works great except the weatherstripping is bad. Still available from GM, tho. And the new motor I got is actually for a Caddy. Works great! Takes a lot of work to get everything out and apart, though. I will rue the day next year when I take it out on the road again and have to install my stockpile of parts just to get 'er back up to snuff!