Help with Upgrading a 231 V-6

Buick in Olds

Am installing a new 3.8L long block in car and have found the 4.1L Intake and Carb in local yard. (Thanks for earlier replies to an old post when looking for intake and carb) Looking for previous posts or help with install from those who have done already. Other changes include a new cam, some porting on heads and intake, new parts in ignition. Car has an upgraded exhaust from right after Cat goes to duals through Flowmasters exiting behind tires. Any help appreciated!

Sounds like you are on track. What type of tranny & torque converter are you planning on running? Try to have this match the cam you are getting.

Tranny is a 200 Metric, recently rebuilt with a 1500 RPM stall speed. Rear gear is still 2.51, looking for something bigger. Have a 3.73, this seems steep. Going to check salvage yards for gear from a S-10 or F-Body. These do work, right?

I ran a 3.42 posi 7 & 5/8" out of a S10 that snapped an axle. I was running into the 13’s, but every time I made a pass. I would pray it would stay together. I still have it after I installed the 8 &1/2" rear. I don’t know what shape it is in.