Help with surge under part throttle

I'm using a Translator Pro with a high boost solenoid. Both available from fullthrottle speed.

The Tpro is really a tuning device for fuel, spark and boost control.

Rick

Saw this a few days ago on Facebook...
Buick Regal Turbo Surge Fix! (84-87):

Seems like a good idea...thoughts?

Kinda cool. There are a couple of those resonators on Ebay right now. They're kinda big and bulky for our GN/TTA'a. But, if they work, they work.... Any test mules out there:cow:;)

I bought one I will let you know when I get off of work this week

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I bought one I will let you know when I get off of work this week

Cool, I might go ahead and buy one too. Right now, I don't seem to any of the issues some of you are having. But, I might in the future with bigger upgrades. Yes, pls. Let us know the results. :cool:

a recirc valve is the best fix but if you have a MAF sensor the outlet must be brought back into the inlet pipe after the maf.. One simple fix that has a better than 50% success rate is a bigger throttle body. too
Mike

a recirc valve is the best fix but if you have a MAF sensor the outlet must be brought back into the inlet pipe after the maf.. One simple fix that has a better than 50% success rate is a bigger throttle body. too
Mike

Although I don't doubt that works,I would guess the best way to avoid surge is to stop it before it starts.

Thanks Mike, I've been able to start to "sense" when it is coming on and either get out of the gas completely or just hammer through it. Obviously not ideal, but I'll continue to look for a solution that cures it on my application.

Thanks Mike, I've been able to start to "sense" when it is coming on and either get out of the gas completely or just hammer through it. Obviously not ideal, but I'll continue to look for a solution that cures it on my application.

That's what the rest of us do. Mine is a narrow window (12-15psi) that it does it and when it does, it isn't severe so I accept it for what it is; namely get after it if you mean too!