help with starting

Turbo6'86

Went to start my gn for first time now that the fuel pump turning the right direction. Its hitting and trying to start but will not catch and run. Its got good fuel pressure and in time. Checked and the plugs are firing. What am i missing for it to start on up and continue running. Its a new rebuild so its first time to start up. Any suggestions?

I will assume that the injector harness is plugged in.

So have you checked for injector pulse using a noid light?

Yes all wires are plugged in. Now it is starting long enough for the rpms to come up but the comes down and dies. It has fuel and pressure spark as well. It starts just fine each time but then after it revs up on its own it dies. I checked for vacuum leaks no luck. Dont know if the genII translator has any thing to do with it but i checked the configurations again and everything seems right. Also does any one know of anyone in south Louisiana or south mississippi that still works on these cars. Bout ready to pull my #$%&*?/ hair out.

As already recommended,i don't know if you looked at it or not but this site in this link can help you a lot if you don't have anyone there with you to provide help. The injector test using an noid light will tell you a lot, it's in the troubleshooting section. You said you have fuel pressure,what psi was showing on the gauge? Also don't rule out fouled plugs since you have been trying to start it a few times and it not running yet. Good luck and don't give up,you almost have it running now and plenty of people here willing to help.

Here is the link again that was posted above.

http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/