help with razor alky kit install

11secondgs

3 questions.

1) why do I need to supply 5V power to the C terminal of the map sensor? What does this do? Is there a better source than the TPS sensor? I have an analogue car I converted to GNX dash.

2) on the pump wiring. My fuse block in the alky kit from razor is labeled "+" "-" but I do not see an "o".........Does the "o" refer to the two screws on both sides of the "+" and "-".

3) can someone briefly explain why the violet wire hooked up will help me spool on the transbrake? Basically, If I launch at 10 PSI, do I even need to worry about the violet wire yet?

I want to have this up and running before Friday. Looking to run 26 lbs of boost, What initial tuning should I set on the PAC, Pump, and external controller.

Thanks in advance to you alkyholics who can help me through this. Can't wait to join the ranks.

The 5 V is what the MAP sends to the PAC to tell the pump to start spraying.

The violet wire, *I think* when used, tells the PAC to not have the pump to spray, as to not flood up the engine during trans braking. But my memory is semi clouded so I'll let someone else add their 2 cents.

Julio recommends starting off at 5.5 to 6 on the remote control and to not mess with anything inside the PAC.

something's not right - heres whre i am at

I have the kit fully installed, and when i hit the test button, the turn on led does not ligh up, and the pump just "gurgles"

Here is how I wired it. - Please note that all connections are soldered and heat shrinked. - And I know my grounds are very good, so think beyound that.

the pump wiring- original length wires - (i didn't trim them incase I didnt like where I installed it in the car.)

the red to the red, on the fuse block
the black to the black on the fuse block
the silver wire to the brown lead from the pac (i have an older system)
violet at this point is unpluged.
I can't find a grey - so it isnt plugged into anything that I know of.

the pump itself is grounded with a real good ground to the frame brace.

wiring the PAC -
The pac has green going to my 3bar map with 5 volt supplied. (everything is soldered and heat shrinked) I had 1.54 volts (400 feet) so I was happy.

The violet is unpluged

The power leads are 12 volt key on, and again a nice chassis ground in the car.

the turn on led is hard wired right to the turn on led orange/brown wires
the low alky warning works.

here is my trouble. The pump does not fully turn on, it only gurgles when I hit the test button. no matter where I put the internal pac controls, or the gain knob on the controller, the turn on led never goes on and the pump only gurgles. The pump doesn't even have enough power to push akly up to the battery where I have the line disconnected to see if it works.

I turned the adjuster screw in and out, that didnt do anything, so I put it back to stock. so then I hard wired the pump and she blew alky all over, so I know the pump works.

Something is going on with the ground in the wiring that it isn't getting full power, and the turn on led isnt working.

Any idea, I am dying to tune the car, but can't get the fricking pump to work.

Right now, all controlls are the way julio told me to put them stock.

Thanks for helping me through this. Julio's kit is awesome, I just hope this is something stupid, that it isnt firing.

You didnt mention placing all the components on the passenger side.. your issue more than likely is wrong power sopurce to the PAC controller. Suggestion is to place components on drivers side so the distribution box is near the fuse box IGN terminal.

Do not mess with the internal controls. They are preset to make things plug and play. Reset the Initial to 12 o'clock. Place meter across pump wires.. confirm 3.8-4.0 volts DC when TEST is pressed. This will run the pump.

Good luck..

It is now spraying alky pretty good.

One question about the led's. - when I put the "turn on led" across the red and black and press "test", it illuminates becuase the pac applies ground.

Why then are there orange and brown leads of the same wire type coming out of the pac? if the the turn on led goes across the black and red, why then have the orange and brown leads coming out of the pac?

my system is working now, just wanted to make sure I have the led's right?

LED's are plastic. Light bulbs are glass.

The power injection BULB has red and black wires.

The turnon LED has orange and brown. The turnon LED changes color.

The Bulb doesnt change colors.

The power injection bulb is a novelty on the Turbo Buick kits.. so it illuminates the power injection slot.. not used for anything else.

The turnon LED changes colors letting you know pump has made pressure.. red is pump is spinning.. green means pressure has been made in the lines.

HTH

PS.. where was the screw up in the wiring?

The turnon LED changes colors letting you know pump has made pressure.. red is pump is spinning.. green means pressure has been made in the lines.

Hhhmm....never thought of it like that....I was thinking red meant the nozzle was spraying at low PSI and green meant it was spraying at high PSI....???

OK - I have never been so happy with an upgrade!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Julio - your kit rocks and your service is even better.

0 KR at 21 pounds, now time to turn up the boost a touch.

My power injection glass bulb turns on, but my LED orange/brown must be broken or something, no where ever did it illuminate. and yes, the alky kit is spraying because i marked the tank, and the power injection bulb lights when the pac applies ground. And how else do you explain 0 KR at 21 boost 93 octane 21* timing.

Could my LED be burnt out? where can I get a replacement for giggles?

Hhhmm....never thought of it like that....I was thinking red meant the nozzle was spraying at low PSI and green meant it was spraying at high PSI....???

When the pump spins.. it moves liquid so it is spraying. Once it reaches the threshold of pressure set by the switch.. is when it changes colors on the LED.

The switch is preset to 30 PSI of pressure.. once the liquid pressure shoots by the 30 PSI mark.. flick.. changes colors.

OK - I have never been so happy with an upgrade!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Julio - your kit rocks and your service is even better.

0 KR at 21 pounds, now time to turn up the boost a touch.

My power injection glass bulb turns on, but my LED orange/brown must be broken or something, no where ever did it illuminate. and yes, the alky kit is spraying because i marked the tank, and the power injection bulb lights when the pac applies ground. And how else do you explain 0 KR at 21 boost 93 octane 21* timing.

Could my LED be burnt out? where can I get a replacement for giggles?

If you hooked up the "TURN ON" LED across the pump terminals.. you let the smoke out of it.

Call me on Monday.