Help with fuel pump

hiboom

Hiboom
OK had a little time off today to work on my t type today.car started running lean a couple days ago pump was dieing.I have a new F2000169 walbro new but hadn't installed.Car was supposed to have a new pump when I bought the car.So I drop the tank pull out the sender unit it has a stock pump no big deal.I get my new pump out no manual oh well should be pretty straight forward.well it had the wrong style connector on the sender but only 2 wires how hard can that be cut one at a time solder on new terminal connectors.The car was a hot wire kit down to the connector before the tank put all back together and the pump run no fuel pressure well I figured pump must wire different switched the two wires at the connector and pump fired right up car runs great .now the problem no fuel gauge I guess there is 2 different ways the connector could have been wired mine are tan pink black does anyone have or know where I can look at the manual 14-17 some kind of mod i have to do with a paper clip (really) to make the fuel gauge work correctly sorry for the long post I've been searching 2 hours on here cannot fine the mod and I'd like to only drop the tank one more time TIA.
Bill

help

surely someone has run across this problem with the 169 walbro pump not connecting to their factory connector having to make a change in the wiring to get the pump and the fuel gauge to work

Usually the pump will come with a adapter harness but the way you did it should work too. Only 2 wires. Did you check the float stat with a dvm before dropping the sender back in?

pump

the gauge worked fine before i removed the tank with the connector still in the factory pump i cut the wires and with the pumps side by side rewired the new one.the pump started and ran, only back wards but the gauge worked upon switching the two at the connector the pump pumps forward and the gauge won't work if i ohm the center wire at the sender connector I get .40 ohms I'm guessing a quarter tank.I guess I'll have to drop the tank and chase the wires at the sender.I didn't think the hot and ground wire for the pump interacted with the gauge maybe it does???