Help with Ebay sell!

Gmachine

My dad's looking at getting rid of his mint '73 Nova SS. This thing is all original with only 20K on the OD. All stock down to the brakes and clutch. He knows he needs to get top dollar out of it to buy this street rod he wants. So we figured Ebay is the only way. I've never sold anything and I certainly don't want to screw this up. Is there any tips you guys can give me? We really don't want to go round and round trying to sell it. And it will take a real collector to come up with the cash its going to take to sell her. This is the only car my dad has ever bought brand new so he's kind of proud of it. He's just too scared to drive it. He wants a street rod he can enjoy.

Thanks in advance!
Ryan

If you wanna get top dollar from it, you need to do some pretty elaborate ebay stuff, including lots of narrative and lots of pics. Something like this:

www.kcclassiccars.com/ebay/64Impala/64Impala.htm

It takes me awhile to make these things, but I think they are clearly worth it.

What's he asking for the car? They aren't exactly the most desired muscle car out there.....hope he has realistic expectations. The CPI value for one in excellent condition is around $8500.