Help wiring a alky control pump for my SMC pump

Mike70gtx

Got an external pump from alky control to replace my in-tank pump on my SMC Alky. The red and black wire seem pretty simple, hook to the black and red on new pump. I have two white wires on the pump that I thought he said were to control a selenoid. My two white wires come from in my tank and seem to be for the alky level. Do I just spice the white wires from the new pump into the ones running from the tank?

I do not believe it can be done since the Alky control pump has much higher amperage requirement which the SMC controller is unable to supply . . . .

The pump that he sends out to replace is a replacement he makes available for SMC replacement. It's not the pump he uses on his system.

The pump that he sends out to replace is a replacement he makes available for SMC replacement. It's not the pump he uses on his system.
OK, my bad. :eek:
If we are talking "replacement pump", I am interested in understanding the obstacles.

It is an external pump that can handle methanol. Just need to mount it lower than tank. I'm using my old rectangular smc tank. He had fittings to drill hole in bottom of my tank and do the plumbing. He had the fitting to hook up to my dual nozzle set up. He will tell you it is not his pump but better than the original one. He will also say it is not the best solution and should go with a new alkycontrol system. I think it will serve my needs until I get more money for progressive.

I have done the same set up. I kept the wiring on the SMC tank except for the power leads which I ran to the new pump. The pump is sensitive to heat and I had it lock up when it got too hot, so it is now mounted down behind the bumper next to the passenger fender. You should still have a switch on top of the old tank with two wires leading to it, that is the spray light switch and I left it in position and ran the line up from the tank to it and the other side to your up pipe. I didn't use the switch on top of Razor's since on the phone he told me that switch is normally 'closed' and we need the switch normally 'open' for the SMC light to work properly.

So what your saying is, you left the two white wires from tank hooked up to original plug going to smc control. Then you did not hook the two white wires on the new pump to anything. Just the red and black, correct.

You got it. I also used a brass tube and ran it to the bottom of the tank and hooked up the supply line for the pump to the top of the tank, where the pump output use to be. Didn't want to worry about leaks from the bottom of the tank.

Ok, great. I already drilled the bottom and used the fitting he gave. It looks like it has sealed great. The trick was trying to get the nut and washers on the fitting in the bottom of the inside of the tank that you can't get your hand through. Does your stay primed coming out of the top?