help! What turbo/inj to get with this combo?

wnarunm

I have a We4 that I just started "taking the modding plunge in" I seriously do a mod, take it for a mile drive and say, "Now what can I do ":D

here are my mods......
212/216 112lsa cam
Je pistons
billet mains
pocked ported heads/comp springs
poston headers
Built 200r4
3200 "0" vigilate converter

STOCK---
turbo
intercooler
injectors
Down Pipe
:eek:

basically i have a KILLER stock everything setup :p But im wanting to change that and get larger turbo, injectors, IC and DP.

What turbo would be the MAX that would spool on et streets at the strip. (kinda turning into a track/street terror car)

TE45?
T61 Ptrim? any more? I love being able to launch at higher boost #'s but Ive seen cars cut 1.60's leaving at 7-8 psi with these bigger turbos.... I just need some imput before i make a decision.

I think injectors and downpipe should be the next upgrades. Also, what exhaust are you running? You don't have that stock turbo maxed yet! ;)

I don't think there is a MAX turbo to spool on ET Streets on the strip. The main thing is setting up the suspension so that it will grip. For real high HP launch you need to shock the tires to get better grip so a transbrake is the way to go. A well setup stock turbo/intercooler/internals car will 60 ft almost as good as a 1000 HP monster if all you're doing is launching off the foot brake. Traction will be limited. Typically high 1.5's/low 1.6's or so on a good setup.

With your combo, you should be able to get in the high 11's with bigger injectors and a downpipe using stock turbo and intercooler. You'll have to make sure it hooks though. Suspension work can also cost good $ so you may want to look at that before upgrading the turbo and intercooler if you already haven't done so, and you want a good track car.

Just some ideas to throw at you.

I'd say alcohol injection too. Cuz, even with new injectors, turbo and downpipe you're still limited to around 15-16 lbs of boost. With alky, you'll be able to run the stocker at around 21lbs of boost, it spools like lightening and is a blast on the street.

Best mod ever "bang for your buck" is alky injection.

A 61 will work well with your converter. You need 50+ lb.hr Injectors to take advantage of that turbo. It would be nice to put on a Terry Houstin Downpipe to let some of the pressure out. Also, a larger stock location Intercooler, like the new Precision unit, will ensure that you get the intake charge from the 61 down to acceptable temps.

There are a few other things that you need BEFORE you get any of the parts mentioned above.

1. RJC Power Plate!
2. Scan Tool.

All of the power in the world is useless without watching the vital points. Unless you just love changine headgaskets and short blocks!!