Help us build "Nasty Wendy 2"- AKA "The Phonix"

South...North...its all the same, just different:confused::confused::confused:!!!

I am making arrangements to be in Pittsburgh on Friday. By time I leave...Shawn and I will have a complete gameplan of what is going on and a rough time frame on when it can be ready to move to its next location.

We need someone in the car hauling business to contact me or Scot. We need some of Clay's items moved from New Orleans to Pittsburgh so they can be painted to match.
This is very important guys...help us make these next steps in this process.
I haul cars if you can get the parts to mich or possibly even tennessee i can bring them to pittsburgh....I may even be able to help with getting the car to LA when its done depending on when and whats moving that way at the time....No promises but ill do what i can...I run from mich to jersey,connecticut,and new york every week and i often stop in pittsburgh to do drops and pick ups....Ive gone other places ,texas,tennessee ,kansas,minnesota long as i can get a full load coming and going...

So you are telling me NOBODY has the XFI that I installed in your car? Even if it's burned I might be able to get a new enclosure put on it. Not having even a destroyed box to turn in makes it very hard for me to work some deals with FAST towards a new box. I'll see what I can do, but I don't have much leverage without the destroyed box.

Hey Cal,
It turns out I was mistaken. I recently returned from the shop where the car is. Turns out that the burned box is in the car. I found it in the trunk of all places. How it made from the front firewall to the trunk will be a mystery but I must admit I did not think to look in the trunk for it, and as it turns out thats where it was.

That is great news. When you get a chance, please send it to me and I'll see what I can do.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

Just sent in my donation. Forgot to put what it's for. Scott, would you like me to pm you which donation is mine?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

All I can say is WOW. The TB community should be cherished for what it is. I (for one) have FORGOTTEN what a great community this is. I too would like to thank Scot and Coach for this effort that will replace Clay's car. Good job guys!

By now most of us have read about the tragedy that has fallen on Clay aka "Nasty Wendy", loosing your pride and joy that you worked long and hard to build is a terrible thing regardless of how it happens whether it be a car accident, Fire, Theft, Vandalism, Etc, Etc. Clay happens to be on a fixed income and doesn't have the funds to just buy another car, his insurance was just enough so he could drive it legally on the streets. I was speaking to Coach (Donnie Schanz) tonight about the Clay's car being burnt and we both thought it would be a great gesture to help out a fellow Buick enthusiast get back into another Turbo Regal and back on the road enjoying his car like we all do. I personally have only met Clay only a few times at BG and Coach has yet to met him. We both simply want to help. I do not wish to get into any of the mess about the other thread and DO NOT want any of that negativity flowing over into this thread! This is a thread about “Helping” and not bashing so please if you have any negative things to say please keep it to yourself! All I want is to see is a fellow Turbo Buick guy who loved his car and this hobby get back to enjoying his car again... If you wish, feel free to post that you donated or be kept anonymous. Either way is fine as long as it’s not negative…
View attachment 196378
Donations are cheap at $7.51 per donation (Multiple donations can be made if you wish). We all waste more than $7.51 weekly, just think how cool it will be to see a finished car posted when this is all over and know that our community helped it happen?

ALL transactions (Donations) will be printed out as they come in and kept in a separate folder in his name so every penny will be accounted for and as soon as a decent roller is located and price reached, the money donations will be closed! Upon locating the said roller I will personally purchase it with the donation money. Once the roller is purchased we will arrange some sort of delivery.

No person involved in this cash donation will keep a single penny, All money will go directly to the seller of the roller and the money donations will be closed immediately.

With this being said, if anyone out there reading this has a nice roller (minus engine, trans) that they have laying around would like to sell please contact me personally to discuss.

To make the minimum donation simply click here--> https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=Q8T5Y2D6H7VBA

To the people who wish to make a larger donation, here is our PayPal address to send payment - sgblhb@charter.net (Please send payment as "Friend or Family") Make sure to add what payment is for in the "Message" box!
I don't know Clay, but just donated and it "FELT REALLY GOOD DOING SO"!...This is what power in numbers is all about. jp

Hey Cal,
It turns out I was mistaken. I recently returned from the shop where the car is. Turns out that the burned box is in the car. I found it in the trunk of all places. How it made from the front firewall to the trunk will be a mystery but I must admit I did not think to look in the trunk for it, and as it turns out thats where it was.

That's great. The last thing we want is false accusations on anyone. Clay and I were talking last night and he mentioned that he has yet to look in the trunk because the bees had built a nest in it. I asked if his T-tops might be in the trunk and he said he did not know. Then it hit me...maybe the XFI box was put in there. I guess it was good fortune. Having the box is a big help.

That is great news. When you get a chance, please send it to me and I'll see what I can do.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

I think I'm gonna need a beeger box.........:D;)

GODZILLA_(1998)_-_Taco_Bell_Commercial_3

That's great. The last thing we want is false accusations on anyone. Clay and I were talking last night and he mentioned that he has yet to look in the trunk because the bees had built a nest in it. I asked if his T-tops might be in the trunk and he said he did not know. Then it hit me...maybe the XFI box was put in there. I guess it was good fortune. Having the box is a big help.

So we're the t-tops in there too?

You are absolutely right thanks to the efforts and contributions from this community. I can't tell everyone what this means. The support has been therapeutic. The car will be phenomenal. I actually feel sorry for those folks who will walk up to me and say "Tell me about this car".....they are going to get an ear full. :D

OK Guys,
I have been super busy on this and keeping Clay in the loop every evening.
I have to say this to all...SHAWN O'CONNER and PAUL CASTLE have stepped up and offered tremendous support and backing for almost every aspect of the build. I will post details later, but they really deserve some major "Thank you's" from the entire Buick Community.
I am meeting Shawn on Sunday morning at the shop and will see the car and items we are getting in person. I will take video of the car at this pojnt and then as it progresses each week. With the way it is coming together...I do not see a deadline involved. I need to confirm this with Scot, but the build is taking a direction that we never thought would happen. It is going to be something really really special.

We still need donations, so please keep spreading the word. We have a lot of items offered, but there are some we will need to buy.
Paul Castle is offering many many items below his cost to make sure we get the very best deal and best parts.
We will keep posting lists of the contributing vendors as they come on board.

I am so very proud of everyone in this gesture...and Clay is speechless.

Take care
Coach

Like Coach has mentioned we need to keep the donations coming in because the money raised literally paid for the roller that was freshly painted but that didn't include a bunch of stuff! There still is numerous parts that need to be purchased for the car in order for it to be ready for his engine, trans, rear end....

I spoke to Coach about posting a List of names of all the people who donated so the community can see who all helped during this great process in getting Clay back into a ride. soon we will post something up.......