Help us build "Nasty Wendy 2"- AKA "The Phonix"

Who's car is it Donnie, and where in oklanowhere? I may know someone near it that can take a real close look.
Well since its north of Pittsburgh, Pa...none of your friends in your area are gonna help much.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

This is amazing guys. I can only imagine how Clay felt after his car, pride and joy was destroyed by fire.
The Buick community (brotherhood) show they are a close knit family that take care of their own.
Congrats Clay! And thank you Coach and Scot for stepping up and getting this started. Also big props for those who have donated to this cause.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

clays-car-3-jpg.197124

dancer.gif

OMG!!! That is unbelievable. I wish I could say that I was dancing like that but I'm actually in SHOCK right now.

Lol.... Thats the reaction Coach and I wanted but wait until you see the finished car! ;)

Clay, I missed your call the other day. Give me a call this week when you get a second. I understand your xfi is (burnt) toast. If you get the XFI back to me, I'll see what I can do.

Hey Cal,
Man its quite possible that you had that tune perfect. Remember we were trying to figure out the problem of it killing when shifting into gear? Well I don't suspect that you read this entire thread but it turns out that its a trait of the torque converter I have and probably nothing we could have 'tuned' out of it. The car was awesome. The test drive left me nothing short of very impressed....breaking the tires loose at 60mph without going full throttle! Dude I was merging into interstate traffic and goosed it they broke loose. Then it got over 20 mpg on the trip to North Carolina....through mountains.

I appreciate your offer to help with the XFI but because of the way things were handled I don't have it. Brian gutted the interior of my car the next morning. I was staying at the Motel 6 which is about a 20 minute ride away from GBP. Because my car was kept in his shop he'd have one of his workers pass by and pick me up. The morning after the fire he gutted the car without my consent before having his worker pick me up. The XFI along with other things were gutted and discarded.

Ok guys...we still need funds...more now then ever. We have some new items we need to purchase. The vendors who we are buying from have cut us some great prices. We will post a list of items we need, that you members can help with, but some need to be new. I'm hoping to get to see the car this week.
We have to thank the vendors who have stepped up so far.
Paul Castle...World of Motorworks
New Grill and Headlight bezels.
Mike Bernard...SPOOLFOOL...
His killer bumper fillers.
Pete Cegielski...ALRADCO...
New Aluminum radiator.
James Meyers...TTAOWNER...
Interior items.
Shane Langford...High Boost Wires...
Custom Plug Wires

There are other vendors who are working on items for us and those we have not called on or heard from.
Don't worry, I will knock on their door.

KEEP THE DONATIONS COMING GUYS!!!
Wait til you see this baby finished!!!
Thank you all

Hey Cal,
I appreciate your offer to help with the XFI but because of the way things were handled I don't have it. Brian gutted the interior of my car the next morning. I was staying at the Motel 6 which is about a 20 minute ride away from GBP. Because my car was kept in his shop he'd have one of his workers pass by and pick me up. The morning after the fire he gutted the car without my consent before having his worker pick me up. The XFI along with other things were gutted and discarded.

So you are telling me NOBODY has the XFI that I installed in your car? Even if it's burned I might be able to get a new enclosure put on it. Not having even a destroyed box to turn in makes it very hard for me to work some deals with FAST towards a new box. I'll see what I can do, but I don't have much leverage without the destroyed box.

So you are telling me NOBODY has the XFI that I installed in your car? Even if it's burned I might be able to get a new enclosure put on it. Not having even a destroyed box to turn in makes it very hard for me to work some deals with FAST towards a new box. I'll see what I can do, but I don't have much leverage without the destroyed box.
Well I'm gonna guess it now resides in NC...
Ask the Fire Marshall. If he is at all competent, he should have everything that was found in the car inventoried.
Man if that Fire "loser" was in Pa...my father would bust him so low...he couldn't be a crossing guard.

Like I said Cal the car was gutted without my permission or consent. He tossed the burned seat frames back in but not much if anything else that suffered fire damage made the trip back with the car. I was not happy about that. I'd imagine the XFI is in the same place as all the other stuff he took out of there.

Y'all have done such a great job with organizing this and finding the car. How do you plan on getting it to Clay? Will we be seeing this on an episode of Shipping Wars? :)

'Nasty' - Damn rotten luck - I don't know what to say. That's bad. Sorry to hear it.

Anyway - Way to go TB.com people! I see a T top body - GREAT! Headed in the right direction.

Donate the cost of a couple beverages folks, you'll feel just as good! Maybe better.
Bob

Donation sent!

I'm an occasional lurker and few-and-far-between poster, and I happened to run across a link to this thread on one of the turbo Buick FB pages this morning. I have to say I am moved by how this group is coming together to lift up a comrade, especially when it's a fixture of the community like Nasty Wendy. It makes me proud to be a turbo Buick owner, and kudos to all of you for "going fast with class"... especially Scot and Donnie for leading the charge. You guys are awesome.

Technically south of Pittsburgh.
South...North...its all the same, just different:confused::confused::confused:!!!

I am making arrangements to be in Pittsburgh on Friday. By time I leave...Shawn and I will have a complete gameplan of what is going on and a rough time frame on when it can be ready to move to its next location.

We need someone in the car hauling business to contact me or Scot. We need some of Clay's items moved from New Orleans to Pittsburgh so they can be painted to match.
This is very important guys...help us make these next steps in this process.

Wow, that is fantastic news!! I wish I could help out more, but I'm too far away and will be tight on cash until mid next year. I'm glad so many have stepped up and helped out on this. Every drop in the bucket counts.

Coach has a lot of heart in that EmptyHead !!

Coach has a lot of heart in that EmptyHead !!