help! tranny issues

elcamino383

installed trans brake (similar to stage right), manual lockup switch and modified trans go shift kit in my 200 4r... pressures in all gears look good... so took her for a ride.
Prob (1) lockup switch does nothing. 2nd and 3rd are locked up at all times...
(2) trans dosent want to downshift into 1st... even at 10 mph in 2nd floor it, just boggs.
(3) 4th gear is gone... when put into OD position rpm drops to near idle than when gas applied its just like 3rd gear...
(4) im supposed to have a 3500 stall tci converter.. with trans brake and foot to the floor she only revs to 2700...

please help guys! thanks in advance

sounds like several bad things going on at the same time.why would you want a full manual valve body with an overdrive transmission for a mild street car?

It sounds just like mine did after a rebuild. Had to replace one of the clutchpacks again and the l/u solenoid.

/Andreas

its a stock valve body. not full manual. the tranny worked perfectly fine before shift kit and trans brake... chris - if i give you a call do you think you can help me out? thank you.

good news! fixed the lockup issue and downshift. switched wires and blown fuse will do that. now 1,2 and 3 work great... but still no 4th gear.. what could cause OD to not be there?

reverse is fine... chris @ ck told me to check the 4th gear pressure port at rear pass side of trans, should be pressure in 4th gear only...