Help slipping on 2-3 shift

84ttype

First thing I should mention is that transmissions are the weak spot in my car knowledge. I dont go any further than changing fluid and filter.

So the problem started a couple weeks ago, 1-2 shift is fine and so is the 3-4 shift. but 2-3 is slipping or missing. powerlogger shows a smooth increase in rpms up until about 4k in 2nd gear then it gets a little choppy going up and down from 4200 rpms to around 3800. It does this three or four times before it actually shifts into 3rd. it feels like its trying to shift then slips or something like that. like I said I know nothing about transmissions. i changed the fluid and filter (no metal or debris in the pan but it was about a quart and a half low on fluid, I've never had any leaks) as well as the 3rd gear switch which I found out had been bad since this spring (probably drove it about 1000 miles with the bad switch) it didnt help with the slipping at all though.

The tranny was rebuilt by a respectable local shop about 2 years ago, it has a factory GM higher stall convertor, other than that I'm not sure about parts although I did tell him that I would be racing the car. my engine mods are in my signature.

Is there anything "I" can do to fix this? I'm a little short on cash right now so I cant afford to take it back to the shop. I did a search and read about the TV cable you can adjust somehow, where would this be located? and would it help the problem?