HELP! Replaced brake (pressure) switch kit, now noisy pump?

rileydawgg

Last week my brakes failed and discovered that I had a bad brake switch kit. It was leaking but after I blew the liquid out and put it back, I was able to drive home 30 miles no problem. I haven't driven it since for fear it'll go bad again. Well, the new brake switch part came in today adn I just replaced it. Now the brake light comes on every time I press the pedal, and the motor (accumulator??) makes a whiny whirring noise for about 5 seconds then shuts off as well as the brake light going off. I've been reading all the posts and there's nothing about a noisy motor or accumulator or whatever that I can find.

It's like I fixed a problem only to have it worse now. :mad: Please HELP!!

Air has been introduced to the master cylinder during the pressure switch replacement and the M/C needs to be bled. Go to Turbo Regal Web Site and visit their technical pages, brakes section. A couple of those articles describe the m/c bleeding process. It's no big deal, just a little special for the powermaster system.

It's called cycling your accumulator.
It should be done to remove the air in the high pressure side of the P/M.
See link in my sig for appropriate procedures.

Which procedure do I do -- the regular or bench bleeding procedure?

I do have darker fluid in the driver's side of the container, by the way, so I picked up some DOT4 fluid like you recommend.