Help please. Tranny Toast???

T-Type Mike

I came out to my car after work last night. Fired er up and noticed a noise coming from the area of the Converter. Shut the car down and restarted, the noise was quieter. I first thought a bearing went, but the noise subsided. When I was ready to leave, I put it in Drive and nothing, shifted to 1, 2, 3, 4 and nothing, All I have is park.

Fluid level is good, a little smelly. Car has just over 120,000k on it now.

Can anyone at all help diagnose a specific cause??

Also, what do you all recommend for a street/mild strip tranny rebuild kit. Any tips or help is always appreciated. This will be my most expensive project yet on my limited!

Thanks again guys! Mike:confused:

Not sure about your problem, but i would def call Bruce at PTS. You cant go wrong with them!!!!

Noise

Sounds like a possible broken pump stator. But that is a semi-educated guess. This is the exact reason Bruce has developed the billet pump assemblies for the 200 R4. Give me a call and we will be glad to answer any of your questions. Sorry for the bad news,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Mark :D

a broken pump stator wont stop the car from moving but a broken pump rotor or convertor turbine may be the culprit.remove a cooler line and see if oil is coming out of it with the engine running.if no oil exits the pump is dead.remove trans and repair.