Help please locked frount brakes on 87 gn

scot502

87 GN 49,000 MILES
I bought a car that has sit for 10 years or so and frount brakes are locked up. If I unplug power master or take brake line off frount of power master they free up. Brake light in dash is not on and electric motor is running. I know somebody on here knows whats wrong.:confused:

You may have compounded problems.
10yr old brake fluid can wreak havoc on the internal components of the brake system. The lines are probably broken down, the calipers could be rusted up, the seals inside the PowerMaster could be blown the reaction spring and piston is most likely stuck (or rusted) open, I could go on.

If the motor is running all the time, there are definite internal problems within the PowerMaster.

Like already mentioned, it sounds like an internal problem with the powermaster unit itself. Time to replace it.

I'd go the cheaper route first. Flush old fluid out, replace hoses, inspect and clean calipers, then mess with powermaster. As mentioned above, something is blocking the flow of the brake fluid. Spring cleaning time!

Yea, you're going to have to go through it part by part.
Replacing/rebuilding enything else on the brake system is straightforward.
If the original prop valve is there, it's got to be replaced by now.
The PowerMaster will have to be gone through.
It's hanging up internally and until it gets cleaned out and properly set up it will never work right.