help pick stock appearing turbo

qwks6

Boost junkie
I've barely had a chance to get the car out since the new engine as I'm under smog laws here in ca. So it's been down as I tear it apart to put stock stuff back on, then I realize that I had to cut a stud to get a bolt off the stock turbo and with my very limited time to work on it lately (only had two days the last few months to spend on her) I only want to put it together once and not tear it down again... etc.

So I'm looking for a stock appearing turbo to replace my cpt-61 from cotton's. I'm wondering what would be the best rout and still be able to pull off mid 11's with my combo below. Stall is 3200 so that should leave some options open. I also want something that spools very quickly!

Also, if anybody has something laying around feel free to throw it by me if you're looking to sell or even trade....

Thanks

Mike

Well, first off, explain your version of "stock appearing". Stock appearing as in very similar? Or as in EXACTLY like the factory turbo, only bigger.
After posting my stock appearing thread, I've learned that there are two methods of thinking there.
If it doesn't have to be ABSOLUTELY IDENTICAL, as in my case, then you could go with any of the newer, medium sized models, that still fit under a totally unmodified turbo shield. (I say that, because 99% of those models, will not come with a separate inlet bell like the stockers)
And to help things out, if it has a really nice and clean, or shiny compressor cover, you could have it blasted with a media that will take any sheen off of it, to make it look a little aged.

I'm that anal about hiding any mods on my car. So let us know, so you don't have to go thru the rigermerol that I had to, to find a TOTALLY stock appearing hair dryer.

I don't need the inlet bell like the stocker... I'm leaninging towards something from precision.