Help, part# for GM injector cleaner

tracer

INOV8
I'm looking for the part number for GM fuel injector cleaner, the one in the aerosol can you connect onto the fuel rail at the schrader valve.

thanks

I dont know of any FI cleaner that attaches to the rail. What we use here is top engine cleaner #1050002 and use a pressurized tool to deliver it through the fuel rail. I've run a 16 ounce can of TEC with about 2 or 3 gallons of gas through the gas tank with marginal results. I have also found that running race gas periodically will also clean the injectors. You can also run the TEC straight into the engine by passing the injectors by running a piece of vacuum hose attached to the pipe for the vacuum source on the FPR and siphoning it straight from the can. And I have cleaned gummed up injectors by letting them soak in straight TEC for an hour or two too.

What I'm coming up with is:

12345515 12-oz. container

88861011 20-oz. container

I think that's what you're looking for.

K.

thanks NCTURBOS. I'll give it a try at the parts counter. This is basically an aerosol refill for an ATR kit I bought years ago. Kind of a nice system. Screws right to the schrader. You disconnect the fuel pump and just run the car off the injector cleaner until the can empties.

I keep the 88861011 stuff in stock and its a plastic pour bottle that you pour into the tank. Good stuff too. Of course anything with naptha(sp) will work. I think NAPA carries those refills your looking for.

GM# 12345515 & 88861011 are "Fuel System treatments", intended to be poured into tank. http://www.gmgoodwrench.com/PartsAccessories/EngineCareProducts.jsp

The GM fluids are not direct replacements for the "full-strength" injector ceaning system that ATR sold a few years back.

I had the ATR cleaning system, and when I ran out of their cleaning fluid I was able to find a replacement at a NAPA store ... screwed directly into the ATR hose.

I recommend you read this before you do very much on your project....If you have an old Freon A/C recharge kit, you already have what you need do the injector cleaning after you find the can of cleaner. :)