help on a good 11.0 sec combo

davidgn214

boosted g-body
anybody has a good 11 sec combo? i have a te61c turbo' 70mm tb' ported stock heads, 60lb injectors with tt chip, lt1 maf, 3in down pipe with cut off, alk, two 255 walbro one in tank and other inline with hot wire, boost controller,

i would like to use all this... any help??

anybody has a good 11 sec combo? i have a te61c turbo' 70mm tb' ported stock heads, 60lb injectors with tt chip, lt1 maf, 3in down pipe with cut off, alk, two 255 walbro one in tank and other inline with hot wire, boost controller,

You should a have solid 11 sec car, In the other post it said you are .030 over and you have ported heads, you should def. be in the 11s. you have the fuel to do it, its just tune tune tune.

I have a very basic combo in my sig. This has made my car run the best of 11.20 @ 119mph at 24psi boost, with a TE60 turbo, Precision Stock Loc. I/C, 3" downpipe, single hotwired XP pump. My engine was rebuilt with a little bigger flat tappet cam, .030 over with stock freshened up heads not ported either. Im running the stock TB, stock headers, RJC Power Plate. I think with the mods you have said you should easily be in the low 11's. Just keep tuning it. You will get there. I was running 28x9 M.T. Et drag slicks too.

The last pass of the year was a 11.50 @ 117.50 popping both headgaskets at the 1/8 mile! It was my fault. Had C-16 in the tank but wasn't mixed enough with the 93 that was left over!:eek:

Sounds like you have a good foundation to run real fast. Just get your tune dialed in and you should be there. Good luck. When I get my engine back together Im going to get a wideband 02 to accurately monitor my tune!

i think you answered your own question. could have saved money on you 70mm tbody you dont need it. i am 1 step up from a stock turbo and went 11.60 sometimes you have the right combo and other times you can over do it spend all kind of money and make the car run like %$#@!!!!!

sorry it was late when i posted this i have .40 pistons and i had 40lb injectors i just put the 60s like three days ago

Buy a wideband datalogger and dial it in. 10.8-11.0:1 a/f. o a little suspension work and as long as the reast of the car is in good shape you will have low 11's easily. Plan on running it hard if you have the stock intercooler at 27-28 psi. If you have a better intercooler it can be done around 22-23 psi and a good tune. If $ is the hold back sell the 70 mm TB since its not needed and put the $ toward a better intercooler. You should get around $400 for the plenum/tb if needed.

i do have a bigger intercooler... and where is a good place to find a wide band? do you recomend one

Yes. You need a wideband 02 to get the most out of your car and keep it safe. I was trying to tune mine with just a scanmaster this year but now im going to get a wideband.

Heres one of the many vendors that carry the wideband 02 setups.

Here you go. FULL THROTTLE SPEED - Items Page

get a bigger intercooler and converter to match the turbo.

Is it hurting anything to be running a 70mm TB and Plenum?

I am running one and so far I have been trapping 110's on a TE-44 w/ 2.2-2.3 60's(zero boost launch) my 8th mile speeds are almost always 86mph with a best of 89mph on an 8.4 1/th mile?

I don't know that it's hurting but I'm using a stock t/b with the same turbo as you, same launch, and trapping 108mph with 87mph at 1/8 so I don't see where it's helping you alot either.

Is it hurting anything to be running a 70mm TB and Plenum?

I am running one and so far I have been trapping 110's on a TE-44 w/ 2.2-2.3 60's(zero boost launch) my 8th mile speeds are almost always 86mph with a best of 89mph on an 8.4 1/th mile?

I don't know that it's hurting but I'm using a stock t/b with the same turbo as you, same launch, and trapping 108mph with 87mph at 1/8 so I don't see where it's helping you alot either.

I was running before the HG's blew, a stock TB, RJC power plate, TE60 turbo, Precision stock. loc. I/C, the car ran consistent 7.20's at 95-96mph in the 1/8th and 118 in the 1/4. Runnin 24psi boost thru the run. Some guys will say go bigger and better, and then some will the stock TB and plenum will get a car deep into the 10's. It all depends who you ask.

Sorry, didn't mean to hi-jack the thread.

He should be in the 10s, he has ported heads and intake, the car should be making crazy power.

I wonder if your fuel system is the problem. You say you have "two" 255 warlbro pumps one in the tank & one in-line on the fuel line Hot Wired :confused: . Sound to me like the one in-line with the hot wire kit could be pulling fuel from the in-tank pump. Does it stumble, miss at WOT or run lean?

All you need is one SX pump from Red Armstrong and your hot wire kit. Look at my times. I have Red's dbl pump and have only been using one pump this hole time. I had a warlbro 340 pump and it was only good for 11.30's with stock unported Irons @ 28psi boost. It was just starving for more fuel at that point. Also I went 10.80's with the stock tb&plenum

I wonder if your fuel system is the problem. You say you have "two" 255 warlbro pumps one in the tank & one in-line on the fuel line Hot Wired :confused: . Sound to me like the one in-line with the hot wire kit could be pulling fuel from the in-tank pump. Does it stumble, miss at WOT or run lean?

All you need is one SX pump from Red Armstrong and your hot wire kit. Look at my times. I have Red's dbl pump and have only been using one pump this hole time. I had a warlbro 340 pump and it was only good for 11.30's with stock unported Irons @ 28psi boost. It was just starving for more fuel at that point. Also I went 10.80's with the stock tb&plenum
it doesnt stumble or anything and i have a seprat relay for the external pump... but i do think it ran a little lean with th 40s on it i couldnt get faster then 12.5 @108 (altitude at 5280ft) then i bought 60s and felt way better but my motor is making a funny nois i think its the pin that holds the rod and piston... and i have doughts my alk was working rite

it doesnt stumble or anything and i have a seprat relay for the external pump... but i do think it ran a little lean with th 40s on it i couldnt get faster then 12.5 @108 (altitude at 5280ft) then i bought 60s and felt way better but my motor is making a funny nois i think its the pin that holds the rod and piston... and i have doughts my alk was working rite

Do you have a scan tool?
Are you sure that funny noise wasn't knock?

i have a Innovate Motorsport Wideband set up for sale.. it's a older LM-1, but it still works fine.. all wiring and O2 will go with it..
car006.jpg

car013.jpg

car014.jpg

sorry for the high jack...