help needed plz

Check evilbay frequently for the parts. The only thing I lack at the moment is the PEVR valve and the turbo control center myself. If I can find them I'll be good to run without the puter and if I don't then I have to run the puter since I've got it.

Charlie, on my '81 the ECC links up to the ECM, (puter), according to the wiring. The ECM controls the timing based on info from the ECC. So you may have to run with a stock computer in order for the ECC to work.:(

lol Freddie, the turbo control center takes the place of the ESC and retards the timing via knock sensor. If you have the correct carb (I do) and distributor along with the turbo control center and PEVR you can get rid of the puter. If I can find the last 2 pieces then I'm good.

lol Freddie, the turbo control center takes the place of the ESC and retards the timing via knock sensor. If you have the correct carb (I do) and distributor along with the turbo control center and PEVR you can get rid of the puter. If I can find the last 2 pieces then I'm good.

in other words, your running the 79 style setup charlie?

A.j.

in other words, your running the 79 style setup charlie?

A.j.

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: That's what I'm hoping on Aj.:eek: Just need the last 2 pieces of the puzzle to make it work though.:frown: Finding them is the biggest problem. I even have a fresh rebuilt correct distributor for the set up.

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: That's what I'm hoping on Aj.:eek: Just need the last 2 pieces of the puzzle to make it work though.:frown: Finding them is the biggest problem. I even have a fresh rebuilt correct distributor for the set up.

well im getting a bunch of Q-jet parts from Adam, and I have a box ready of stuff I pulled from the pile of carbs for ya, Im not sure what the PERV looks like, but shoot me an Email and there might be one good one I can get to you asap.

A.j.

well im getting a bunch of Q-jet parts from Adam, and I have a box ready of stuff I pulled from the pile of carbs for ya, Im not sure what the PERV looks like, but shoot me an Email and there might be one good one I can get to you asap.

A.j.

Cool Aj. The PEVR valve isn't in the carb though, it's kind of like a check valve that allows the secondary power valve to feed fuel to the engine when you go to high vac situation. Simular to the boost referenced power valve on the Holley design.

BTW, I may have found an SD block and head for you as well as a revision on the other design I sent you earlier. Had a long talk with Donnie and he pointed out some flaws in my thinking as well as some answers and solutions to what I was doing. You really need to read some of his stuff and join in. Very smart and informative guy. Reading his posts takes a while but he tells you things no one else will and real nice guy as well.

Cool Aj. The PEVR valve isn't in the carb though, it's kind of like a check valve that allows the secondary power valve to feed fuel to the engine when you go to high vac situation. Simular to the boost referenced power valve on the Holley design.

BTW, I may have found an SD block and head for you as well as a revision on the other design I sent you earlier. Had a long talk with Donnie and he pointed out some flaws in my thinking as well as some answers and solutions to what I was doing. You really need to read some of his stuff and join in. Very smart and informative guy. Reading his posts takes a while but he tells you things no one else will and real nice guy as well.

Well we have both been stupid busy it seems. is it obvious I have no clue to stock buick systems? LOL funny stuff.

SD block? dammmn! I dunno what to say..... other than it will look damn fine next that stage 2! HA!
on the good side, almost out of debt... sold my gto and the elkys listed.... one more week and hopefully I can get those rims!

:biggrin::biggrin:A.j.

There's also a set of Stage II NEW pistons on evilbay right now. 4" bore if you're interested Aj.