Help needed in the electrical department!

turbota633

Last November a day or 2 before I was storing my TTA for the winter, a problem occurred. A few years back I read up on the TCC lockup switch install, and I performed this mod on my car. While driving it one day last fall, it seemed like the transmission slipped a little, so I got to thinking hey what if I hooked this thing up wrong and instead of it being on/off with the switch, what if I hotwired it so it was always on. Reason I though this is because between being in the military and after that having a job out of state, the car didn't get driven much at all so not a many miles were put on the engine and transmission. Anyways, I unhooked one of the wires from my switch(but the power and ground still were attached), then I fllipped the switch on, then off(why I did this I still don't know because it would've meant nohting if the switch still worked). After I did this, the annoying "ding"(sound you get when you shut your car off but leave the lights on) noise became permanent, and no guages worked, both trip and regular odometer, the oil pressure, temp, nothing. It didn't get fixed before I put it away, and now I want to try to drive it a little this year, but more importantly I'd like to clean it up, look it over to find then fix any problems and try to sell it. I've messed with some elctrical stuff before, but this worried me a little, so I felt better safe than sorry and I need to find an expert, so I hoped someone on here would be able to assist me in any way before I goto plan B which is take it to the local Pontiac Buick dealership where I know of a guy whose dealt with these cars specifically for years(problem is he's always super busy and going through the dealership may cost a lot more than the Good 'Ole Boy network on here).

Thank you and sorry for the extended length of my post. But if anyone can provide advice, assistance or anything else, please reply here or feel free to e-mail me at jmpirri@military.com

Thank You,
Joe

Check your fuses.. they're underneath the drivers side panel.

This is where you start.