Help....NEED Radiator

tscruggs

1KWIKGN
I have been disabled and given my 1987 Buick GN to my son.....long story short...he is a senior in high school and going to become a policeman....he is working and trying and a great kid...the factory radiator finally crapped out.began leaking..stopped up...car overheating...new ones are $600+ he nor we can afford this...anyone got a good one for sale????

You can get an FBody Radiator for about $90. Will require external coolers for oil/trans. You can use the one cooler in the Fbody but you will need the fitting for it/rubber hoses.

Last edited:
Here is some more info. Do you have an Advanced Auto near by?

$71 plus tax.
Use coupon code J44, buy online and pick up in store.

Attachments

• 1409535263015.jpg
    1409535263015.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 37
  • 1409535278285.jpg
    1409535278285.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 42
Found another coupon.
PC4U123

$65 for Radiator not including taxes.

Attachments

• 1409574058395.jpg
    1409574058395.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 36
F-Body works fine, use cooler lines for trans to rad and eliminate oil cooler, many do it this way including me in Florida........

Alradco makes a drop in radiator for the Buicks. It has the oil and trans lines built in like the stock unit.

It is thicker than stock and will keep the car running cool. Price is $449 on their website.

Do it once and be done with it.

alradco.com

I have an alum radiator recently removed from a local GN, and it is in very good shape but in the 100+ degree temps here it does not cool well and I replaced it with an upgraded re-cored unit.

This has both coolers in the stock location, so it is a simple replacement job!

If you pay shipping, I will gladly send it to you, as I will not use it here in this desert climate :)

Last edited:
Thanks for the PM, but now knowing more about you and your family, I feel very gratified about sending this to you, and if you ever are in need of any further help, please let me know.

I have always felt a special bond within the turbo Buick community with the many friends I have made, and helping each other is a major factor in our passion for the cars as well as the owners.

From just this board over the years I have learned, and gained, a lot of knowledge about the cars, and the special owners that have helped me in many areas, especially how to be a caring and sharing person.

The radiator will be sent tomorrow, but I am retracting my statement about you paying for the shipping.