help me get this thing running right

big reazon

Just got my new combo up and going and it is running bad. The main changes are cold air intake, .020 over pistons, raised compression to 9:1. Here are my scanmaster numbers
af 07
l8 43
bat 13.7
int 128
bl 142
clt 162
ats 108
r 925
tps .42
iac 58
mal 23

What needs to be done?

Make sure all coupling connections are secure between the maf and turbo. Also check all cooler couplings.

So i found that my iat wasnt installed. So i will get that plugged up tonight. The car scanmaster numbers are way lean. The car idles kinda rough and has a bad hesitation on take off. It clears up if my o2 numbers get into the 650 to 700 ranve. This thing is running way lean in my opinion in the 450 area.

So i found that my iat wasnt installed. So i will get that plugged up tonight. The car scanmaster numbers are way lean. The car idles kinda rough and has a bad hesitation on take off. It clears up if my o2 numbers get into the 650 to 700 range. This thing is running way lean in my opinion in the 450 area.

What exact MAF are you using, and what are the settings in the Translator box?
I am using the ls7 maf my translater settings are on on on off the base 9 then wot 0
Just tried a lt1 maf and changed the translator to 3 " settings no change.
Do I need a new chip for the 9:1 and 20 over pistons I changed from stock pistons to wisecos

Just got my new combo up and going and it is running bad. The main changes are cold air intake, .020 over pistons, raised compression to 9:1. Here are my scanmaster numbers
af 07
l8 43
bat 13.7
int 128
bl 142
clt 162
ats 108
r 925
tps .42
iac 58
mal 23

What needs to be done?

I'm guessing vacuum leak for the BL's. It's adding fuel at idle and that may make it run poorly if artificially lean/vacuum leak. Is this a fresh install? Crank and cam sensor all set well?

Just checked for vacuum leaks and came up with nothing. Even tried to bypass the translator and put on my stock maf. No bueno.

Sounds like your getting un metered air or not enough fuel.

Did you check your intake couplings?

What do the plugs look like?

Rick

Before when the car was running rough the plug was black but the center and half of the ground strap was tan.