Help me find my grounds

mycarsucks

Rambler
I'm chasing what I believe to be a ground problem. Through searching and gnttype.org I have learned that the grounds are supposably on the back side of the passenger head, and the bellhousing bolt that also holds the tranny dipstick.

My grounds don't seem to be anywhere near those locations. I see what might be a ground wire but only one on one of my upper most bellhousing bolts. I cant see anything that even looks remotely like a wire or bolt in the back of my passenger head.

Could someone please give me a detailed description of what runs to follow to find the ground wires on the harness? I do have a hot-air car if that matters any.

I sure hope this works.

you should have 4 grounds coming out of the "wire loom" on the ps rear . They are about 3"-4" below .Follow the wire loom and look for 4 wires about 6" long bunched together heading down on the engine.Sometimes easier to get to from under the car . Then another braided strap that comes off of the DS fire wall on the DS of the engine . I relocated my PS grounds to a stud on the intake.

someone may have moved them to an intake bolt? Or relocated them to the firewall ala John Spina's kit?

Yeah, i figure thats the case, but I don't think whoever did it did a good job. Every now and then my car stutters and throws some t-link numbers that just arent possible. Nealy everyone thinks its a ground problem. I was gonna fix it today until the grounds werent where they were supposed to be.

kwikr 1,

where on the DS of the engine does the ground strap (from DS of firewall) go? i was installing my FP and hotwire today and i noticed that mine was just dangling, bolt and all. the closest holes i saw were on the back of the DS cylinder head and the bellhousing bolts. the bellhousing bolts were all there and the one on the cylinder head seemed too far. any help would be appriciated.

you could bolt it to the bellhousing or head . I took mine and bolted it to the same stud that the bracket for the EGR valve soleniod uses. I just put it between the nut and bracket and cranked it down . A lot easier to access if needed and it works fine. :)

Ground location

Hi,
You said your car is a hotair?
If so then most of the above comments are incorrect.
The grounds are attached to the big aluminum accessory bracket on the passenger side at the front of the engine. If you have airconditioning the compressor will be hiding them I suspect. (I don't have A/C)
Hope that gets you back on track.
Peter Cruickshank

3point8, thank you very much for this information. I have spent about 5 hours trying to find these grounds where they are supposed to be. You were right, they were right where you mentioned, and they were pretty gummed up. Seems to be running much better now. Thank you very very much.