Help me find coolant leak!

My aluminum radiator in my s10 has 375,000 miles on it and still cools as good as it did when it was new. I replaced my heater core,in my regal,15 years ago with an aluminum core. I think all modern radiators and heater cores are made from aluminum.

Take the hoses back off the heater core, dry everything real good. Spray some hair spray on the connections. Slide the hoses into position clamp down and let dry for five minutes. Fill and check for leaks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heater core is junk, sounds like it was on its way out anyway.
Replacing it is a breeze, like others have said.

Core is easy to change but there are a zillion bolts holding the top of the air box together and a couple by the valve cover that are hard to find. Plus it's sealed with goo as well. Be gentle.
I went ahead and removed the heater core without pressure testing the system. There was coolant in the core but it was far from full. As far as removing the cover, yes there are many screws but I wish someone would have mentioned the two screws on the INSIDE of the cover. I didn't see any screws hiding by the valve cover.

"Hidden" screws

Attachments

• IMG_20170210_135323755_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20170210_135323755_HDR.jpg
    1,002.4 KB · Views: 84
I didn't ever take notice of the hidden screws I just recall it would have been nice if they were all the same length.

I tried installing the new heater core and the top doesn't have the "V" shape like the stocker. It won't accept the little bracket that has the ground strap attached to the firewall. Since the new heater core is aluminum does that mean the ground strap is meaningless and I don't need the little bracket?

No, the ground strap is to prevent electrolysis. Tuck the end of the eyelet under the end of a hose so the heater core is grounded and you'll be fine.

No, the ground strap is to prevent electrolysis. Tuck the end of the eyelet under the end of a hose so the heater core is grounded and you'll be fine.
Will this work?

Attachments

• IMG_20170212_142910408.jpg
    IMG_20170212_142910408.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 75