HELP ME find an oil leak!!

BUICKTR

I'm having a leak I can't find. This is on the passenger side. It is building up some oil on top of the short starter bolt and there was also a little oil on the starter shield it then drips on the crossover and some has ran down the oil pan. It is not major but there must be some kind of problem. I already checked the back of the intake a couple of time already and it is clean. I also have checked the breather filter cap on the valve cover and valve cover gaskets they are all clean.:confused: I have clean that area a few times and when I take the car for a short drive and return to my house I could smell oil burning and there that oil is back on that same spot.:mad: Any help or ideas I would appreciate. Thanks! Gilbert

Check the oil filter and the cooler adapter. A leak there can run down the pan rail and drop onto the starter. It ends up dripping on the crossover pipe where it burns.:)

Thanks Nick!! I'll check right now. I do not have the oil cooler lines anymore. I just have the filter directly on the front cover.

If the turbo oil supply or drainback lines leak, oil can also run down the pan rail.