Help me figure this one out?

fyrlt67

I had the car out for a ride and after a few hard runs I didn't notice I had run out of alcohol until the knock gauge pegged to the limit!! I let of from a full boost tromp and hear a pop-pop-pop, thought I blew the head gaskets. Upon tear down NO blown head gaskets!! What else could have cause the pop noise I heard? It has a TA33c, bored throttle body, alky injection, 86/7 ignition, 3" DP, TT chip

Just guessing based on my past bad experiences with the same symptoms. First was a bad MAF or incorrect MAF. Back fired at 20 PSI and spiked boost to 23-blew head gasket. This was a result of being cheap and using junkyard MAFs. The other time the backfire was caused was bad ign wires. Put an ohm meter on each wire and all should be within 10 % of each other. Brad

Thank Brad....Sure enough 2 bad plug wires!! I actually kinda thought that might be the issue, when I took the head off the plugs in 3 and 5 where carbon cover/fouled the other looked good, well alcohol injected, octane booster goldish/yellow. It wasnt all bad removing the heads I discovered a crack in the drivers exhaust manifold.