Help me end an argument

Ash

I need to know how many white GN's were produced. Some people keep telling me that Buick made them. I say no they never made a white GN.

I believe GN's were only made in black, it was the T-type regal that was made in the other colors. The t-types are very close to identical to the grand national though, so thats where the confusion might have come from... then again there might have been a white GN I didnt know about...

Ash said:
I need to know how many white GN's were produced. Some people keep telling me that Buick made them. I say no they never made a white GN.
Buick made a bunch of them, but they appear to be black in normal light. You have to have your head up your arse for them to appear white. Hope that helps to clear things up.

:D

Well I pulled my head out and looked at my car. For some odd reason it appers to be brown.

you could get a GN any color you wanted as long as it was black............Bob :)

Somebody's been eyeballing the DUB GN models at Wal-mart too long... :wink:

:confused: :confused: :confused: :eek:

Attachments

• 1982_buick_grand_national_t.jpg
    1982_buick_grand_national_t.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 302
and that 10-15 is speculation as well. GM only painted them black..what the DEALER did was another story... though i dont know how one could confuse a t with a gn, as the badging was totally different.. t's said 'grand national' NOWHERE on the car whatsoever.. the original gn only came in 82 and a half. there was no 82 or 83's. but as far as GENERAL MOTORS makin white gn's.. thats a negative batman.

There was an 82 GN Turbo on ebay last week. Sold for 7600. I just say 82 as the vin identifies it as an 82. I know they came out half year.

That pic is a '82 GN. No '83s. 84-85 GNs were black, black, or black. Same with 86-87.

cool 84 said:
There was one GNX that was white named the Ghost.
The white GNX was called Xray, and it wasnt a real GNX. What it was, was someone that worked for ASC had access to the extra parts and made themselves a GNX clone and decided to paint it white to be different.

me

I own one, want to buy it? I'll be right back, i'm out back painting my sport coupe white, did you know they also made that white 87 gn with a 81 carb turbo set up? very rare, man i'm lucky to have found mine.

There was one....

infamous white gn dating back to the late 80's! Jimmy D's!...but he painted it white to be different. That may be the one causing the confusion. I believe it still carried the badges on it. :biggrin: