Help me choosing tall 16" tires...

"MJRWOOD", you're right about the rear wheels looking a little "tucked in" with a 4" rear spacing. This is why I special-ordered two TA wheels with a 3.5 rear spacing for the rear wheels only. I already had 3.5 r.s. on a set of 15" dia. wheels so I'm pretty sure that going to 16" with the same r.s. will also be ok as the r.s. will remain the same. Below is a picture of my car with 4 TA "fronts" which are ok for the front but too "tucked in" at the rear...

"Adam Connell", my car should look very close to yours when I'll have my M&H's mounted on the GNX-style wheels...nice! ;)

Claude :)

"MJRWOOD", you're right about the rear wheels looking a little "tucked in" with a 4" rear spacing. This is why I special-ordered two TA wheels with a 3.5 rear spacing for the rear wheels only. I already had 3.5 r.s. on a set of 15" dia. wheels so I'm pretty sure that going to 16" with the same r.s. will also be ok as the r.s. will remain the same. Below is a picture of my car with 4 TA "fronts" which are ok for the front but too "tucked in" at the rear...

"Adam Connell", my car should look very close to yours when I'll have my M&H's mounted on the GNX-style wheels...nice! ;)

Claude :)

nice car an you can eat an that garage:eek:

"MJRWOOD" & "my 1st gn", thanks for your nice comments about my car and garage...:smile: , but did you forget to pay attention to the "tucked in" look that the GTA "fronts" give when mounted at the rear?...:D :biggrin: :D :biggrin:...that's why I'm getting wheels with a 3.5 r.s. which should fix this problem.
Thanks,
Claude :D

Well, these things are great! I've never owned a set of drag radials before, but they seem to hook better than the 26" MT ET Drags I had for a while. With no burn out they hooked with a 4lb launch. I tried a 6lb and they spun just a little, and this is with them aired up to 28#:D They fill the wheel well very well, too. I'm using a 7/16" Spacer and it fits just about perfect, although it doesn't look like it would rub if I didn't have them.

It made me realize I have a problem with the car though:( . It's only been a few thousand miles since the tranny was rebuilt, but it's flaring the 1-2 and the 2-3 shifts BAD:mad: . Couldn't tell at all with the regular BFGs.

Attachments

• 0526071554.jpg
    0526071554.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 63