Help, lots of questions!!!

Wet1

Hi guys. I come seeking lots of answers about alcohol injection and I understand you're the experts on A.I..

Before I start with tons of questions, let me explain what I'm working with. I have a basically stock 2002 Z06 Corvette (10.5:1 compression) that I'm running up to 9.5 lbs. of boost on with an ATI supercharger. It's a centrifugal SC so it builds more boost as RPM's increase. The only other mods are headers, fuel pump has been upgraded, and I'm using 42 lb. injectors.

Here are my problems (other than the car isn't a TR :D )...
Obviously I am running very high cylinder pressures given my high CR/boost. I am adding xylene to 93 octane gas to try to keep things safe. The next problem is my fuel system... As you can see from my dyno sheet (I'll try to attach below), my A/F ratio starts climbing near the 6500 rpm redline. The 42 lb. injectors I'm using are maxed at 100% DC now, which is far from ideal. My fuel pressure is also starting to drop off pressure as I get near redline (from 62 psi down to around 58 psi). While this isn't a big deal, it does indicate that I'm at the limit of capacity for my current fuel system.
Dyno sheet/tune:
Z06%20dyno%20sheet.jpg

Observations...
- Adding xylene is expensive so I'm looking to use A.I. so I can just run straight 93 octane gas.
- I don't want to upgrade my fuel pump again because of cost and noise (it would require an external pump). I could go to a BAP, but I'd prefer not to.
- Again, I would like to avoid upgrading the injectors if I can help it to save money.
- My A/F ratio is starting to creep up out of my comfort zone toward redline do to the inadequacies of my fuel system.
- My engine has cast pistons and they're not likely going to last long with my current setup give the creeping A/F near redline.
- I've pulled a lot of timing out (now at 13 degrees) to keep things extra safe... but it's costing me power.

I've been doing a little reading on your awesome forum and think a progressive A.I. system might be able to solve all my problems... and not cost an arm and a leg. I suspect the A.I. will giving be better knock prevention while adding fuel to my starving engine... taking some strain off my fuel system. I'm also hoping the alcohol will cool things down enough to relieve my poor cast piston a little. If I felt brave I'm sure I could also add some timing back in.

Questions...
1) It seems most of these systems are built with the TR in mind. What 'kit' would I need for my C5? Does anyone make a system for the C5?
2) How and what would I need to interface into to make a progressive boost sensitive system work on my SC C5?
3) Is it realistic to think I can add enough fuel, control detonation, and add cooling the way I want to (my priorities in that order)?
4) Will the system add enough fuel so I can bring my injector DC back towards 80%? If so, how would I tune it?
5) Will the wide band on the dyno tell me true A/F or will the alcohol give false readings? What A/F do I shoot for?
6) Because this is a street car, I'm not crazy about running straight alcohol (the tank would ideally be mounted in back). What concentration of alc/water is no longer flammable?
7) If I dilute the alcohol with water (say 50/50) would I still be getting enough fuel supplementation to relieve my inadequate fuel system?
8) What does the water do to the A/F ratio, obviously it isn't adding fuel?
9) Will all the A.I. pumps on the market handle methanol? If not what brand pumps will / wont?
10) I have pretty good access to cheap isopropyl and/or denatured alcohol, if cost is no object would I better of using either of these over methanol given my objectives? Again, I'd prefer to keep the solution nonflammable unless this diluted solution won't allow me to achieve my goals.
11) Adding the A.I. will likely add more hp without doing anything else (correct?), since the engine is making more power will the pistons be more stressed or less stress due to the cooler charge?

Sorry to be so long winded... I just have a lot of uncertainties and the TR people seem to know the most about A.I.!
TIA!!! :cool:

Your forums have a lot of info on this.

Vette forums

Talk with Doug at ECS and AA in California. Doug probably has over 300 dyno pulls already on my kit.

I'll answer your questions to the best of my ability.

1) Yes. I do and its available through ECS or Myself. I dont know of any other drop-in-and-go kits for the C5.
2) Part of the kit. Comes with a 2 BAR GM sensor. Reads/tracks to 15 PSI.(2bar sensors were factory GN pieces :) )
3) Yes.
4) ECM needs to be recalibrated. Doug can do a swap on the ecm. In other words load up a program so its plug-n-play.
5) 11.8-12.0:1
6) They are making a custom tank that fits in the battery area. I made a kit using a one gallon fuel cell. Most use the WW tanks for ease. Pixs of that tank are on the Vette Forums.TANK
7)Any mix you may not achieve your goals. Alcohol while flammable is not that easy to ignite. It takes some effort. Mixing will lean the motor out.
8)answered in 7
9)The shurflo will handle methanol. Mine has been in straight methanol since April'03
10)Denatured will be fine. 100%
11) Becuase of adding oxygen, it will pickup. At least 25 to the wheels. And the pistons will be happier.

Good questions, keep em coming. Hope the links provided shed some info.

Julio