Help locating a noise.

RED LS1

This same thing happened to me with my 69 Chevelle. It took me two months to find a loose steering arm on the PS pump.

Anyway, A noise developed in my GN. I can best describe it as a metal bracket loose under the drivers rear. In fact, I initially thought it was the rear center cap so I took it off and fixed the tabs. When I push down on the back bumper I think it's making the noise. The car doesn't seem to be in any real distress but if i'm not going crazy it feels like the steering is way off like I took the front sway bar off. It seems to be body rolling now.

I checked all the mounting points at the suspension and can't find anything out of place. I suspected the body mount and thought I saw a broke one when mounting a Hotwire kit. But when I went back under to check that I think the mount is fine it's just one of those that doesn't have the lower rubber piece.

My first thought was the metal fuel line heat shield on the right rear, but that shouldn't make noise when pushing the bumper down or make it handle strange.
Maybe the drivers rear shock has lost its charge and making noise??

Honestly, I suspected shocks myself. When driving this car previously one of the shocks had a bit of a bumping sound going over bumps. I wonder if it is bad all together. Maybe It's time to replace those regardless.

Honestly, I suspected shocks myself. When driving this car previously one of the shocks had a bit of a bumping sound going over bumps. I wonder if it is bad all together. Maybe It's time to replace those regardless.

I purchased a car once that seemed a bit spongey, when I changed the struts one piston was loose like a broom handle banging around in a 5 galllon bucket.
But again it's just a guess.

I've been around the car with a fine toothed comb many times now. I don't see anything loose that could be causing this rattling noise. I've had the wheels off and checked every mounting point of every suspension part. The only thing I found and haven't confirmed was a very loose inner fender liner bolt in the front wheel housing. It was pretty loose and noisy but I'm almost sure it was what i'm hearing. I'll know for sure when I drive it again.