Help Identifying Vacuum Leak Please!

Sarah99gxe

Finally got my Turbo
Hello,

We are just getting most of the bugs out of this newly rebuilt motor and have found that we have a vacuum leak. We don't know what hose goes here though - as we don't see any hoses not hooked up. This is at the base of the turbo housing where it bolts to the manifold....Hopefully the pictures help :redface: I've attached a couple - some are better than others.

Any help you guys can provide is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Sarah

Attachments

• vacuum leak 1.jpg
    vacuum leak 1.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 247
  • vacuum leak 2.JPG
    vacuum leak 2.JPG
    47.6 KB · Views: 247
  • vacuum leak 3.JPG
    vacuum leak 3.JPG
    47.1 KB · Views: 247
Looking at mitchell vacuum diagram .It looks like the line from there goes to the rear of the waistgate actuator and the front of the actuator goes to map sensor and compressor housing. I cant copy and paste off Mitchell so I took a pic and down loaded it. hope this helps

Attachments

• Picture 043.jpg
    Picture 043.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 270
vac problem

you may want to post what year this car (engine) is.
if it's prior to 1984, there is a forum (Before Black) that is specifically for those cars. and the members with those cars would be most helpful in answering questions pertaining to them.
bw jones

Looks to me like it would go to a T connection with the waste gate accuator and the boost control selenoid. Maybe if you took a picture back away from it a bit more we could tell what set up we are looking at for sure.
Danny

Due to copyright infringements i dont want to show whole screen. That pic is for a 1983 vin 8 2bbl 231 v6 federal emissions. that was the only turbo vacuum diagram for 1983