Help Identify a Few Dash Board Wires

mmarlett

Hello Buick Enthusiasts,

I need help identifying a few dash board wires per the pictures. I took on the challenge of replacing the original dash due to a crack along the front edge.

Where do wires #1-4 shown go, if anywhere?

#1 comes from the firewall area behind the center console. It is a 2 point female.

#2 shows two connectors that come from the connector behind them that is attached to the fire wall.

#3 is a large connector that comes off the wire harness behind the dash speedometer (for digital dash?). Picture taken through left dash speaker opening.

#4 is a white 2 point male connector that is located behind the glove box (for lighted TT dash panel?).
Thanks!
Matt

Attachments

• GN1.jpg
    GN1.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 130
  • GN2.jpg
    GN2.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 126
  • GN3.jpg
    GN3.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 134
  • GN4.jpg
    GN4.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 128
Thanks. I did check the back of the HVAC and no electrical connection there.

Unfortunatelly, I am not capable of reading the electrical schematics that I have seen posted around this forum.

Any more help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Matt

Just an update. novaderrik was right about the HVAC hookup. However, still need location of connections, if any, for picture # 3 that is located behind driver part of dash. It looks like the biggest connection! How can I not find where this attaches?

Also need the location for the white connector behind glove box in picture #4.

Thanks
Matt

the big connector for the gauge cluster snaps into a slot in the dash housing, and the cluster (hopefully) makes a connection when you push that into the dash.

i've never taken the whole dash out of my Regal, but it's been my experience with other cars that if you let the harness kind of naturally lay where it wants to lay, then you can find where the plugs go pretty easily. also, all the connectors are unique.
remember, these cars were designed for the entire dash to be installed and all wires plugged in in about 15 seconds as the body moved down an assembly line.