Help I screwed up!!!

boostmaster

Hey guys I made a major screw up. I ordered a set of custom pistons without verifying the actual rod length and ended up with a piston that's 0.147" out of the hole. I thought I had 6.350" rods when I actually had 6.500" rods. It was my screw up so I can't send them back. Can I simply stack some head gaskets to make up the difference and if so how will this affect the intake alignment on the block? Also the block has been decked .006". Deck height is 9.529", this is with a 3.625 stroke.
Cylinder Bore.jpg

I would say no to stacking headgaskets on top of each other and just get shorter rods if you can't send the pistons back.

Hey guys I made a major screw up. I ordered a set of custom pistons without verifying the actual rod length and ended up with a piston that's 0.147" out of the hole. I thought I had 6.350" rods when I actually had 6.500" rods. It was my screw up so I can't send them back. Can I simply stack some head gaskets to make up the difference and if so how will this affect the intake alignment on the block? Also the block has been decked .006". Deck height is 9.529", this is with a 3.625 stroke.View attachment 153870
Pete is this a hot air stroker ? You should be hence forth called Sneeky Pete. You'll need different rods for sure. Head gaskets don't stack. Hope someone can bail you out with some shorter rods they can't use. Hope it works out for ya! John

Pete is this a hot air stroker ? You should be hence forth called Sneeky Pete. You'll need different rods for sure. Head gaskets don't stack. Hope someone can bail you out with some shorter rods they can't use. Hope it works out for ya! John

Was a hot air stroker!!!;) Now it's just a pain in my &%$#*!!! Yeah John I was sneaking up on you for Reynolds this year......:p

Time for pistons OR rods. Rods would be cheaper and easier. If you DO stack head gaskets, good luck with your intake manifold. THAT would require THICK shims, too.

Decide what you want more, that rod length or that compression height. Either part you sell and replace you will lose a little money money, so see which loses less? What brand and bore are the pistons, and what brand are the rods?

also have to factor that the piston could be done (move up the pin location on a new piston) and not require a re balance of the crank

Was a hot air stroker!!!;) Now it's just a pain in my &%$#*!!! Yeah John I was sneaking up on you for Reynolds this year......:p
Sneeky Pete when is Reynolds meet this year? I wasn't sure Cal was having it anymore . Waiting on my rh header system that Kentucky turbo is building for my 3.8 block. John